Used 2005 HUMMER H2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hummer H2 - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (123 reviews )

Nice, if you're a 14 year-old kid
By Biffster

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking for a full-size SUV and it came down to either this, the H1, or the Escalade ESV. The H1 was both too pricey -- if I'm going to spend $140k on a car it's going to be a Porsche Turbo -- and too "trucky." The Escalade interior was JUNK and I knew it was going to be replaced soon. So that left me with the H2. I should've waited for the 2007 Escalade. The H2's build quality -- especially in the UGLY interior -- is very plasticky and of dubious craftsmanship. There really isn't a lot of "useful" space in the truck either. It's "boy toy" looks get a lot of comments -- from 13-year-old boys. Every adult I know (myself included) scratches their head and asks "Why?"

Favorite Features

Tank-like styling and off-road prowess. Be the envy of every teenage boy in the neighborhood.

Suggested Improvements

Poor build, poor street ride, poor design, poor fuel efficiency (a given), "me-too" looks. All-in-all a bad H1 impersonator with an inferiority complex.

Nice Ride
By Luxury

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It has great visibility, extremely comfortable, and makes me feel safe on the road. Would add a couple of features next time: Tire pressure indicator and back-up screen.

Favorite Features

Navigation System and Cruise Control

Suggested Improvements

I like it just the way it is.

Best Beast on the Road. Nuff Said.
By HummerBoy4Life

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I'm a 17 year old boy that owns a Hummer. This is my first car, which I got for Christmas in 05'. I have driven many types of vehicles from Jeeps to Land Rovers off road and on road, and the best all round performance goes to my Hummer H2. While the H1 Alpha does indeed have the H2 beat in overall offroad performance, it doesn't even compare on the road. Smooth, quick, and luxurious, what more can you ask for? Throw in the Corsica Touring Exhaust and you have a vehicle that sounds as mean as it performs. Not to mention that I'm an audio enthusiast and the H2 is the only vehicle with a large enough alternator from the factory to power 4 Kicker amps with 4 Kicker dual 16 inch subs.

Favorite Features

Tons of power output for any electronics that you want to add to it. Want to add 16 offroad overhead lights with subs in the back? With an H2 anything is possible. No rattles in ride either. Even after jarring the heck out of it off road. This vehicle can take anything you throw at it.

Suggested Improvements

Hmm..The only real improvement it needs is the ability to fly. Other than that its as close to perfection as one can hope for in an SUV.

2005 H2
By Patrick

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a vehicle that gets attention this is the one. If you are looking for something practical, go buy a Denali. I had a 2003 Denali XL before, got tired of it and traded for a 2005 H2. I like the way it handles, but the power and ride is not as good as the Denali. Also, it has limited cargo room and you loose a lot of storage space in the vehicle. A few other annoying items include the nav screen that point toward the passenger, no six disc changer, and a bouncy ride. I probably will go back to a 2007 Denali XL as soon as they come out.

Favorite Features

The way it looks.

Suggested Improvements

Make the nav screen point toward the driver, not passenger. More storage room in the glovebox and center console. Soften up the ride a little. Better sounding stereo. Add a 6 disc changer. Less wind noise.

Best all aroun Suv
By Janis

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I am very happy with this vehicle. Have driven other Suv's Cadillac Escalade etc. and feel with the hummer you get more bang for the buck. Love the roomy interior and although it is a large car, I don't feel I have to many problems parking. Fuel is a draw back but the Cadillac escalade only gets an average 13.9 and runs on premium I am getting 11.00 and use regular. Except for fuel mileage I absolutely love this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Large roomy interior. Leather seats, Navigation system, the ride is very smooth and I really love the seat warmers in the winter That is my favorite feature

Suggested Improvements

fuel economy