2005 HUMMER H2 - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (123 reviews )
Mudding
By H2 on 08/16/05 12:26 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I like the feel of secureness. Being able to go over and trhough things with no problem. I enjoy going mudding. It handles so well. Very comfortable to travel in. I have put over 20,000 miles in less than 6 months. Its worth it

Hummer H2
By Jeff Hasbrouck on 08/09/05 18:04 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Great to drive. Awesome turn radius. Smooth suspension (equipped with air suspension), full time 4X4 and a very comfortable and roomy interior. Very happy with my purchase.

$11K rebate
By Boxster-S on 07/26/05 20:24 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

With that GM Employee Discount we could not pass up this vehicle. We intended to consider the H3 but had the good fortune of also driving the H2. Entirely different vehicle! As much as I liked the H2 my wife and two sons absolutely love it. It continues to grow on me. We cannot wait to take it off roading, towing our Ricon and then there is the snow that is dumped on us here. :)

Love it!
By Truman on 07/19/05 20:00 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've never had an off-road (or any other) SUV, and the H2 drives like the best car I've ever owned! I'm only getting 10-13 mpg, so I would like to know how others are getting up to 20. Of course, I also love the attention everywhere I drive, too.

Love It!
By Donna on 07/14/05 12:29 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle and so do my childern. I feel safe and the interior of the vehicle is very comfortable and the ride is also. GM makes a great auto

The better choice
By Craig on 07/07/05 17:54 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Smooth ride accelerates quickly with a high rev, but once you get going it's all comfort. Great steering and with a rear cam good visibility. Get the lux package you'll be happy you did. The tires are great don't bother changing them out. Interior design is great, soft leather and a wide sunroof works. Be careful driving it home the roof clearence is something to get used to. Remeber to keep the sunroof open and pay attention to the garage door height. Remeber that DVD's in the headrests keep children quiet!

Best Vehicle I have ever owned!
By orsunbear on 06/20/05 18:00 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a great number of cars and trucks over the years, but this one beats them all hands down. First of all is the interior room. I am a 6'5" driver and I swear I could wear a cowboy hat while driving! I have put 45,000 miles on my H2 in two years. Driving from Oregon to Las Vegas and back between homes several times a year, I can drive straight through and still arrive in comfort. Other than changing the oil (synthetic for me!!) I have never touched this vehicle or had problems. I'll be driving an H2 as long as they keep building them. If they stop, I'd go buy two or three tomorrow just to insure I have one for life!!!

excellent truck
By Terry on 06/19/05 11:50 AM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

best built gm product ever had. drives like a small car and has guts and style. no rattles or weird noises or any service issues after 10000 miles (so far)

I'd buy another one.
By Richard on 06/13/05 18:00 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Those who criticize the H2 have obviously never taken one down the highway - or off road. Pay no attention to criticism this vehicle has received from those who haven't taken the time to fully understand its powers. There is nothing on the market that compares. Having owned 30 cars in 25 years - I'll tell you simply .. this is the best .. hands down. It has incredible highway skills, is fearless off road or through a blizzard and is elegant driving down Sunset Blvd. Inside the H2 with the windows up and XM Radio off, you'll never even know the engine is running. My H2 secret! Drive at 60 on the highway and you'll get 21 miles to the gallon!! My wife was stunned. She now want an H3.

Not just for looks!!
By Courtney on 05/29/05 09:21 AM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I drive mine to/from work everyday and love the safe feeling of being surrounded by 6900 lbs of quality vehicle. I have had my H2 off roading in the high desert of California and it did great!! I have also been through some very hair-raising situations and "she" performed beautifully, the anti-lock brakes worked great on uneven, wet pavement and the stearing didn't diminish at all. The H2 is a status vehicle that I am proud to drive anywhere!!