2005 HUMMER H2 - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (123 reviews )
Used Hummer
By rcaceres on 02/26/13 15:12 PM (PST)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought a well taken care of Hummer H2. I wish I would have driven one sooner. These vehicles are fantastic. Well made, commanding, wide footprint, sure footed. Rides very well.

Lucky day
By best_hummer1 on 07/20/11 19:30 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

One day i was out with my family in my Escalade and i saw a silver hummer for sale and i was just hooked to it i went around the block and tried to forget about it but my wife kept telling me just to get a test drive if i like it i would buy it and i did and i got it for about $50,000 but its worth it i bought it with 35,000 miles 2005 it was brand new at the time and it only has 50,000 miles now and its the greatest suv i have ever bought !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2005 H-2 SUT
By Ron on 05/20/10 22:02 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love my h-2 sut. I use it on and off road here in Arizona. Family of 5 we have plenty of room. The kids enjoy the dvd system and the large sun roof. I like the Bose sound system and nav and just driving it. The sut can go places that most people would not even try. The h-2 has 50,000 miles on it with no problem. I added 20'' wheels and all terrain tries and new shocks, exhaust. Avg fuel 12 city highway and running at 70-75.

The fun has begun!
By Sam on 03/18/10 08:01 AM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Like everyone else, I loved the looks of the HUMMER and have always wanted one. I joked with my wife one day on the way up the mountain for some weekend snowboarding and a few days later she asked me to seriously look for one! The only negative reviews I read about them were for the large depreciation in value the first few years, but there aren't many vehicles that keep their value, so I looked for my new 2005 H2 that has every option imaginable. The comfort is bar-none, the turn radius will make your MG Midget shudder, the looks you get are priceless (half disgust & envy), and I get better gas mileage now (16 mpg) than I did in my 2003 Dodge 2500 quad cab hemi i traded in. We love it!

The Worst Designed Vehicle of All Time
By Petrolhead on 04/05/09 17:04 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

For some reason I allowed my family to buy this monstrosity. Th H2 has been completely unimpressive, right from the start I hated the H2. It cost nearly $60000 and came with no features that weren't on every SUV for half the price. The H2 is also the worst vehicle from a driver's perspective that I've ever driven. The gas mileage is unbelievably bad, I didn't know that a family SUV can get 8 mpg in the highway. When you get inside you'll find cheap, flimsy plastic, and a huge spare tire where your cargo and a third row seat is in a good SUV. We were only able to sell it after 18 months for about half what the car cost and then got a used Land Rover LR3. The LR3 is a billion times better.

Love my Hummer
By MJ on 06/06/08 08:56 AM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my H2 for 3 yrs and it gets roughly the same gas mileage that my 2005 Chevy Tahoe gets (14 in town and 18 hwy). I don't know what the big deal is over the gas mileage (I have been researching the new Jeep Unlimited and it only gets marginally better gas mileage than the H2 [1 or 2 mpg] and for the style and luxury I'll keep my H2. No mechanical probs to speak of. Excellent ride - better than any other SUV. Turning radius is great. Bottom line is go drive one for yourself. Don't let others talk you out of it before you look at it. My husband thought he would hate it until he drove it. Needless to say, we took it home that day! Well worth the price for the SUV and gas.

Best vehicle ever
By hummer owner1 on 01/05/08 12:25 PM (PST)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a fun head turning vehicle with very few flaws. Handles great, looks great, and is safe to drive

Hummer H2
By Hummer H2 on 07/20/07 08:44 AM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this H2 new and love it. It has been one of the best vehicles that I have ever owned. My wife drives it as the daily driver, I know that she and my family are safe while in it. I would be more than happy to get another one after this one. I have not added any bling, but I thinking of added a few things, but not to go over- the-top. Overall satisfaction on a scale of 1-10 (8.9).

Best 4WD I have ever owned!
By joseph hoffman on 03/08/07 12:56 PM (PST)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Outstanding vehicle!I have owed many 4WD's but this one is by far the best! Please see improvement section for only flaw known to date. GM made an outstanding decision to acquire the Hummer brand; I most constantly educate non-owners that it is not a rehacked Suburban. I hope to acquire an H1 to keep it company!

005 Hummer H2
By Kevin on 02/17/07 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Love it. Drives excellent, Attention Getter. You either love it or Hate...and the Tree Huggers Hate it., of course. I wave when they go by.