Used 2005 HUMMER H2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 HUMMER H2 - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (123 reviews )

Used Hummer
By rcaceres

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought a well taken care of Hummer H2. I wish I would have driven one sooner. These vehicles are fantastic. Well made, commanding, wide footprint, sure footed. Rides very well.

Seats, heated seats, ride comfort, handles great for a big vehicle.

I have no areas to ask to be improved. Gas mileage? Please, this thing is 8600 pounds. Politics killed this great truck. Maybe match the Duramax/Allison combo???

Lucky day
By best_hummer1

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

One day i was out with my family in my Escalade and i saw a silver hummer for sale and i was just hooked to it i went around the block and tried to forget about it but my wife kept telling me just to get a test drive if i like it i would buy it and i did and i got it for about $50,000 but its worth it i bought it with 35,000 miles 2005 it was brand new at the time and it only has 50,000 miles now and its the greatest suv i have ever bought !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dvd player ,navigation system, 3rd row seats,remote controlled starter

Nothing else i could ask for in the worlds gratest suv.

2005 H-2 SUT
By Ron

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love my h-2 sut. I use it on and off road here in Arizona. Family of 5 we have plenty of room. The kids enjoy the dvd system and the large sun roof. I like the Bose sound system and nav and just driving it. The sut can go places that most people would not even try. The h-2 has 50,000 miles on it with no problem. I added 20'' wheels and all terrain tries and new shocks, exhaust. Avg fuel 12 city highway and running at 70-75.

H-2 feels like you own the road or trail. The bold look it has .It says I am Big & Strong and American and I can do anything. I have owned 42 vehicles in my life not keeping them long but this vehicle i plan on keeping this one for a long time.

Better gas mileage would be great or lower prices. Lower cost .

The fun has begun!
By Sam

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Like everyone else, I loved the looks of the HUMMER and have always wanted one. I joked with my wife one day on the way up the mountain for some weekend snowboarding and a few days later she asked me to seriously look for one! The only negative reviews I read about them were for the large depreciation in value the first few years, but there aren't many vehicles that keep their value, so I looked for my new 2005 H2 that has every option imaginable. The comfort is bar-none, the turn radius will make your MG Midget shudder, the looks you get are priceless (half disgust & envy), and I get better gas mileage now (16 mpg) than I did in my 2003 Dodge 2500 quad cab hemi i traded in. We love it!

Where to start. Leather, every seat is heated, dvd video system in rear head rests, moon roof, 22" wheels, dual climate control, Air pump, beefy looks, nimble, touchscreen radio/nav/cd. Keep it on cruise control around 65 mph and you will get decent gas mileage.

I cannot think of a single improvement needed. Just wish they still made them.

The Worst Designed Vehicle of All Time
By Petrolhead

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

For some reason I allowed my family to buy this monstrosity. Th H2 has been completely unimpressive, right from the start I hated the H2. It cost nearly $60000 and came with no features that weren't on every SUV for half the price. The H2 is also the worst vehicle from a driver's perspective that I've ever driven. The gas mileage is unbelievably bad, I didn't know that a family SUV can get 8 mpg in the highway. When you get inside you'll find cheap, flimsy plastic, and a huge spare tire where your cargo and a third row seat is in a good SUV. We were only able to sell it after 18 months for about half what the car cost and then got a used Land Rover LR3. The LR3 is a billion times better.

None

Everything. Now that HUMMER no longer has the H1, it no longer deserves to exist. If you find yourself looking at one of these vehicles, run away as quickly as possible and get to a Land Rover or Toyota dealer where you can get a LR3 or Land Cruiser.