H2 HUMMER - AWSM - ALL-PURPOSE VEHICLE & FUN!
By awsmh2fan on
2004 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
I've owned a 2004 H2 hummer since 2004; It has only 60,000 miles and it's traveled to 28-states. I've never had any major servicing problems. It get's about 13.5 miles per gallon which is the number one question people always ask. I've enjoyed being a H2 Owner. There are 3-models of this SUV: The Basic, Adventure and Luxury Edition. It's too bad they stopped production in the U.S. Maybe it will make a return someday? I've driven my Hummer on rocks, sand, rivers, lakes, dirt roads, and the beaches. I love it when kids wave at us when were driving in cities, small towns, and freeways. It was american made, rock solid, and it cruises very well on USA roads!
Favorite Features
The air suspension is fantastic! The Bose Stero System is awesome! The All-Terrain Bridgestone Tires perform well on all roads, in snow, water, sand and dirt. The many luxury features work very well and I'm impressed by the engineering by GMC and American General who manufactured this vehicle from 2003-2009. The square cut windows all-around are distinctive and the lighting at night reminds you of the HUMVEE.
Suggested Improvements
Overall a great purchase during it's time. However, they should have developed an engine which could have increased the gas mileage on a 3/4 ton truck like the H@@ Hummer during it's production. The smaller H3 does NOT compare to the H1 or H2 in ride or performance. I hope somebody brings back the Hummer to U.S. production in style, performance with better gas mileage. The Jeep reminds you of a Hummer in today's market but the bold styling of the HUMVEE and H1 and H2 are remarkable and patriotic icons in trucking and having fun with these vehicle's in outdoor adventures is great! The Gulf War brought us a new perspective of the HUMVEE we know today. GO USA **==