Used 2004 HUMMER H2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 HUMMER H2 - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (131 reviews )

the tank
By sugardad212

2004 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

this is by far one of the worst cars ive owned. The exterior isnt that bad, but the interior is what gets to me the most. It is not as luxury as some of the other cars i can get for 50k. The handling is not very agile, and it needs to have a fully independent suspension like the h1. Acceleration is flat out horrible. It has a big engine, but all the weight slows it down. This vehicle is not very good onroad, but let me tell you it is a beast offroad, but whos actually going to go offroading on this thing anyways?If somebody wanted to offroad with a vehicle they should stick with the jeep.

power folding mirrors are helpful when parking in tight places, rear suspesion that can raise itself about an inch, power sunroof, and etc.

the seats need higher quality leather and not some cheap kind thats mistaken as vinyl,give it a lot more power so it doesnt accelerate like a snail, give it some bigger brakes so im not insecure about stopping from 75 mph from the freeway.

comments
By koulouris

2004 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love it it is a very safe vechile.

all the chrome I put on it brings it out plus I put spinners on 20inch tires

I have no improvements to be made on it.

fun fun fun
By clay Irwin

2004 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

ccorvette,a viper 4wd all rolled up into one awesome suv! I had a number of sports cars and suv and never had so much fun driving.let me suggest one thing! options! dont leave out any of them! I cant begin to tell you how important they are! there is nothing worst then buying an auto and wishing you had added or wanted an option, it will haunt you, if your going to spend 55k to 64k on an auto do it right the first time or dont do it. every optin that hummer provides is awesome and adds a heck of alot more excitment, I have left no option out on mine and even added a couple of small after market options on my h2.all I can say is have fun! fun! fun!

the onboard air compressor and air suspension! the navagation system is very aweome a little difficult to learn. and the huge sunroof is very awesome.lux package is a must.chrome wheels.

the spare tire should automatic be on the tailgate. the tailgate glass should open seprate like it does on my gmc denail. rear air climate controls.mp3 docking station. night vision. driving light options.

Like it for what it is
By rifle

2004 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This has been the most reliable GM product I have owned. It doesn't quite compare to the Japanese products though. For what it was designed for, it is a great vehicle.

The exterior style and all-terrain capability. It drives the same on pavement or off road. My family feels safe in it.

The spare tire storage options are not entirely convenient. The roof would be ideal but then parking in a garage would be a problem.

a fun runlooks
By bob bond

2004 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

have had lots of 4 wheel drive vehicles this is the best and most fun----I loveit, but burns a lot of gas----heck who cares

looks

make it get better gas mileage