2004 HUMMER H2 SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (131 reviews )
Serious off-road capabilities :)
By slowopey on 05/26/13 09:33 AM (PDT)

2004 HUMMER H2 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned many vehicles, but I have to say that my H2 was my favorite. I owned mine while in Kuwait, driving in high heat and rough conditions in the desert, and the H2 handled like a champ. I've driven Jeeps, H1s, etc..., so I know about true off-roading, and while the H2 has a reputation as an 'urban assault vehicle', it is incredibly tough when put to the challenge. First of all, the entire under-carriage is built like a semi truck underneath, so you can't break it. You can take speed bumps at 70 miles an hour, and all you feel is a blip beneath your tires. Passengers don't even feel the bump (priceless). You must test drive 'hard' to appreciate. Trust me, it can take it :)

H2 HUMMER - AWSM - ALL-PURPOSE VEHICLE & FUN!
By awsmh2fan on 08/14/12 14:31 PM (PDT)

2004 HUMMER H2 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a 2004 H2 hummer since 2004; It has only 60,000 miles and it's traveled to 28-states. I've never had any major servicing problems. It get's about 13.5 miles per gallon which is the number one question people always ask. I've enjoyed being a H2 Owner. There are 3-models of this SUV: The Basic, Adventure and Luxury Edition. It's too bad they stopped production in the U.S. Maybe it will make a return someday? I've driven my Hummer on rocks, sand, rivers, lakes, dirt roads, and the beaches. I love it when kids wave at us when were driving in cities, small towns, and freeways. It was american made, rock solid, and it cruises very well on USA roads!

still strong
By yarealman on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 HUMMER H2 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

well i drive this in any weather Hummer does not care hot H2 cools me cold H2 warms me lot of room and with air ride it drives great i am happy

Electrical Issues
By steveFL on 04/28/10 07:43 AM (PDT)

2004 HUMMER H2 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Electrical issues. AC panel does not work. Dealer replaced speedometer cluster $500+ told me that its fixed. 2weeks later ac panel not working they replaced it another $250. A week later the ac panel does not work again. So far I paid $800 out of pocket for an obvious electrical short and they replaced parts that had nothing to do with the problem.

Best SUV I have ever owned
By Bill Thomas on 11/09/09 21:30 PM (PST)

2004 HUMMER H2 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned so called 4x4s before. This is the absolute best on and off road vehicle ever. This truck drives like a Cadillac on road and a tank off road. I have 60,000 miles and just now replaced the tires and windshield wipers. This is the ultimate driving machine. I average 13.5 miles per gallon. GREAT TRUCK

Limited Victory Red Edition
By icecoldbeer on 12/22/08 12:46 PM (PST)

2004 HUMMER H2 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Drives great and handles like a charm. I loved this car up until it hit 95,000 miles, then it became a money pit and the market is so upside down (not GM's fault) that it's hard to make sense what to do with it. It treated me well with no breakdowns for 3 years, then the instrument gauges quit one by one, the water pump went out, the a/c recirculation does not work well, the electric mirrors quit, the windshield gasket vibrates above 60 MPH. Repairs on high mileage cars are expected but it seems like everything on the H2 costs between $500-$1000 to get fixed. Probably won;t spend $65,000 on another Hummer. They are really worth about $50,000 at most fully packed with all the good stuff.

Yellow Lemon
By just me on 04/05/08 23:50 PM (PDT)

2004 HUMMER H2 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Love to drive my HUMMER when it is not in the shop. All repairs have been minor fixes, but major irritations. I am now on my fifth TV/DVD replacement! Numerous problems with 12 volt outlets, and other electrical type problems. This vehicle has been in the shop more than 15 times and to top it off the entertainment system went out again and I am told that this model is no longer made and cannot be replaced. Now after 3 "repairs" it still only works 2-3 weeks after each repair.

2004 Hummer H2
By rich on 12/09/07 13:03 PM (PST)

2004 HUMMER H2 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I finally found something I like to drive.Ii live in cleveland,ohio. and the roads are tore up. Also we have some heavy snow falls too. Driving the Hummer H2 on the highway is a joy. It has plenty of power and it rides very smoothly.

H2 is a great powerful vehicle
By JOE on 08/27/07 09:39 AM (PDT)

2004 HUMMER H2 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Owning an H2 is great. Everyone notices it and I've never been stuck or even skidded in the snow. The only issue is its size. Sometimes its hard to park or find a lot big enough in downtown urban areas.

Bug Catcher
By John Wernick on 03/21/07 06:58 AM (PDT)

2004 HUMMER H2 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This has GOT to be the world's MOST EXPENSIVE BUG CATCHER! Or, in the winter when it is snowing or freezing rain, be sure to have GALLONS of windshield antifreeze along with...you'll need it! I must admit that we did not install a bug deflector on the hood, so I don't know if that would improve the situation or not. Other than not being too aerodynamic, it handles wonderful, goes anywhere, pulls anything, power galore! Pulling a motorcycle trailer, expect about 9 m.p.g., otherwise about 13 to 14 m.p.g.