Used 2004 HUMMER H2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 HUMMER H2 - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (131 reviews )

Serious off-road capabilities :)
By slowopey

2004 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned many vehicles, but I have to say that my H2 was my favorite. I owned mine while in Kuwait, driving in high heat and rough conditions in the desert, and the H2 handled like a champ. I've driven Jeeps, H1s, etc..., so I know about true off-roading, and while the H2 has a reputation as an 'urban assault vehicle', it is incredibly tough when put to the challenge. First of all, the entire under-carriage is built like a semi truck underneath, so you can't break it. You can take speed bumps at 70 miles an hour, and all you feel is a blip beneath your tires. Passengers don't even feel the bump (priceless). You must test drive 'hard' to appreciate. Trust me, it can take it :)

* Ability to jump curbs and drive over unthinkable terrain * Confident handling during freeway driving at speeds over 100mph (it's the Middle East) * Tough leather interior and great air conditioning, even in 125 F conditions * Bose radio was really good, didn't need an aftermarket setup * In spite of it's huge appearance, it's easy to park, and no more difficult than my Tahoe LT, just takes a little practice

* Motorized door mirrors tend to fail, so you have to leave them in the open position and manually close if you need the parking space * I wouldn't get the air-suspension option, mine came without it, but other friends had trouble with theirs * Spare tire placement in the cabin leaves very little room for groceries, I had to mount mine on the back with an aftermarket kit

H2 HUMMER - AWSM - ALL-PURPOSE VEHICLE & FUN!
By awsmh2fan

2004 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a 2004 H2 hummer since 2004; It has only 60,000 miles and it's traveled to 28-states. I've never had any major servicing problems. It get's about 13.5 miles per gallon which is the number one question people always ask. I've enjoyed being a H2 Owner. There are 3-models of this SUV: The Basic, Adventure and Luxury Edition. It's too bad they stopped production in the U.S. Maybe it will make a return someday? I've driven my Hummer on rocks, sand, rivers, lakes, dirt roads, and the beaches. I love it when kids wave at us when were driving in cities, small towns, and freeways. It was american made, rock solid, and it cruises very well on USA roads!

The air suspension is fantastic! The Bose Stero System is awesome! The All-Terrain Bridgestone Tires perform well on all roads, in snow, water, sand and dirt. The many luxury features work very well and I'm impressed by the engineering by GMC and American General who manufactured this vehicle from 2003-2009. The square cut windows all-around are distinctive and the lighting at night reminds you of the HUMVEE.

Overall a great purchase during it's time. However, they should have developed an engine which could have increased the gas mileage on a 3/4 ton truck like the H@@ Hummer during it's production. The smaller H3 does NOT compare to the H1 or H2 in ride or performance. I hope somebody brings back the Hummer to U.S. production in style, performance with better gas mileage. The Jeep reminds you of a Hummer in today's market but the bold styling of the HUMVEE and H1 and H2 are remarkable and patriotic icons in trucking and having fun with these vehicle's in outdoor adventures is great! The Gulf War brought us a new perspective of the HUMVEE we know today. GO USA **==

still strong
By yarealman

2004 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

well i drive this in any weather Hummer does not care hot H2 cools me cold H2 warms me lot of room and with air ride it drives great i am happy

room inside and seat height and can do almost all i ask 98,000 mile

i think a six speed and a way it could save on gas would be cool but all truck take in gas

Electrical Issues
By steveFL

2004 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Electrical issues. AC panel does not work. Dealer replaced speedometer cluster $500+ told me that its fixed. 2weeks later ac panel not working they replaced it another $250. A week later the ac panel does not work again. So far I paid $800 out of pocket for an obvious electrical short and they replaced parts that had nothing to do with the problem.

Question if you should ever buy a GM auto

Best SUV I have ever owned
By Bill Thomas

2004 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned so called 4x4s before. This is the absolute best on and off road vehicle ever. This truck drives like a Cadillac on road and a tank off road. I have 60,000 miles and just now replaced the tires and windshield wipers. This is the ultimate driving machine. I average 13.5 miles per gallon. GREAT TRUCK

Off road and on road handling. Wonderful creature comforts.

More interior luxury appointments.