2003 HUMMER H2 Consumer Review: love my hummer

2003 HUMMER H2 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

love my hummer
By kimberz on

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Alot of folks tryed to steer me away from purchasing a used first year production hummer. I ignored it and minus a couple of electrical "bugs" I have had to work out, it is a mechanically strong, reliable vehicle. As usual, GM delivers excellence that lasts for years to come. With a little patience, if you love H2's, they are a "sound" investment. All used vehicles will come with minor issues to be resolved. I have owned mine now for 2 years and have done less dollars in repairs than my tires have costed me. By the way, Cooper STT M/S are a couple hundred dollars more, but worth investing in on an all wheel drive...mine with rotation at oil change have lasted me 50,000 and they look TOUGH!

Favorite Features

Some of my fav features are my adjustable rear air shocks(replacement $230 each), heated seats, removable third row jump seat, front and rear towing (front one works great for removable winch), and last but no where near least, my BOSE sound system....IT REALLY WAKES ME UP IN THE MORNINGS!

Suggested Improvements

I really don't have any changes in mind that would not require changing the body design some, which in my opinion would be an absolute sin. I think that the side mirrors are a bit small for safety, windshield could be a little more aero (catches everything), grill difficult to clean w/ brushguard