Used 2003 HUMMER H2 SUV Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 HUMMER H2 SUV - Consumer Reviews

2003 HUMMER H2 SUV

Base 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (138 reviews )

The Best of The Best
By Mike C

2003 HUMMER H2 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Had the car 13 years, never had a major problem. The only problem is the mechanics they break something so they can fix it. Took to the GMC dealer he said I needed 5000 worth of repairs, than got a second opinion at at the triple A garage he fixed it for 175.00. Took it to Firestone to get the air cond charged they said I needed a whole new air system, 2000. I than took it to the chevy dealer they fixed it for 300.

She's A Beast
By Tamiko Coleman

2003 HUMMER H2 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my first H2 over a year and half ago and I will forever own a Hummer! I am a female cruising around in a black H2 with a chrome package and the attention that this machine get is amazing. Its so funny to watch people when they pull up beside me at a light and they are truly trying to see who is driving this Boss on the road. Especially females! They look as if they are trying to see what guy is driving and they pull up and see it's a girl!!!!!! So funny and everywhere I go men always comment on its uniqueness. I absolutely love my H2. I feel very safe and it is much more comfortable than I could have ever imagined. When I first took it for a test drive I was somewhat intimidated by the size of the vehicle and knew that it would feel bulky. To my surprise it was the smoothest ride and I felt as if I was in sitting on my living room couch! Maneuvering the vehicle was mind blowing as well! Changing lanes and turns to me is no different from a car. There is a blind spot but an easy fix! Buy one of the small mirrors that can be placed on the rear view mirrors! Of course the gas mileage is not the greatest but we don't purchase Hummers for fuel efficiency! I am a true H2 fan and when it need to be fed, I am feeding her no matter the cost! Since I've had my truck the only thing I have had to replace is the battery due to my after factory remote car starter and alarm draining it. Other than that I have had no problems! I put synthetic oil in and periodically have the mechanics check for any issues!. I put it on the road from Michigan to Atlanta about 6 months ago and it performed like a trooper and luckily during that time the gas prices dropped dramatically so I was good! I am going to always drive a Hummer because I am completely in love with it's style, comfortability and safety. You just can't go wrong with this Beast!

Very Best vehicle I have ever owned
By Tom Fore

2003 HUMMER H2 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Rear seating is OK for long trips with heated seats, but people over six foot might be cramped on a long trip.
We drove 3685 miles in 5 days to Anchorage AK. Two persons, very comfortable.
Average mileage for over 7200 mile round trip was apx 16 mpg Average speed was well below posted. Canadian fuel was very expensive by the liter
Car was 12 years old and there was not a hiccup the whole trip, or after.
Be advised that rear suspension airbags must be replaced at 7 to 8 years according to the manual. I changed mine after 12 years of use.

Top dog
By Eddie

2003 HUMMER H2 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've never had an automobile get so many stairs, and compliments. Overall best auto I ever owned.

H2
By db1988

2003 HUMMER H2 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Working for a used car dealership, I have driven literally hundreds of vehicles.
After a long drive home in a customers Hummer h2 I was sold. There is no doubt the exterior design is unique, it really stands out amongst everything else. But being in the driver seat is what sold me. It handles well, drives smoothly, the visibility is phenomenal, and the overall comfort is great.
Shortly thereafter, I bought a lightly used h2. After owning it these past few years, I can say I definitely made the right choice. It feels solid in heavy snow and pouring rain, it isn't as hard to park as you might think, and every seat is adequately spacious for an adult.

CD changer, 4x4, exterior and interior design. It just feels very solid and safe.

Everyone's complaint about the h2 is the gas mileage. It's no worse than any other 3/4 ton vehicle, and only slightly worse than the average large SUV. I am averaging 10.5 mpg, half city and half highway miles. Would I like better mileage? Yes. But I bought the hummer knowing this and it did not impact my decision at all. I have been flipped off by a few toyotas in my years driving it (for no apparent reason), but I live in California where some individuals feel the need to push their views more than they should. Overall, I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone interested.