2003 HUMMER H2 - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (134 reviews )
H2
By db1988 on 05/28/14 18:55 PM (PDT)

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Working for a used car dealership, I have driven literally hundreds of vehicles. After a long drive home in a customers Hummer h2 I was sold. There is no doubt the exterior design is unique, it really stands out amongst everything else. But being in the driver seat is what sold me. It handles well, drives smoothly, the visibility is phenomenal, and the overall comfort is great. Shortly thereafter, I bought a lightly used h2. After owning it these past few years, I can say I definitely made the right choice. It feels solid in heavy snow and pouring rain, it isn't as hard to park as you might think, and every seat is adequately spacious for an adult.

Good for what it is!
By David on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this '03 H2 as a project vehicle for our contracting company. We are performing a Duramax engine swap. The stock 6.0 V8 gets dismal fuel mileage (5-10 mpg) here in the rocky mountains. The H2 will be used for remote utility work and we wanted an SUV for carrying sensitive equipment into the mountains with a rugged look and feel. Blind spot galore, but has that cool factor and the "get out of my way" look as well.

Q's HUMMER
By Robert on 01/15/10 08:32 AM (PST)

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My hummer is a 2003, I bought it on 2004 used with very little mileage, since then I have enjoyed it. Took it off road and getting it dirty, hauling my travel trailer going camping on the mountains of New Mexico. About two years ago I decided stay off the dirt and rough terrain and started to customized it with bigger sound system, 28" rims and tires, chrome, and lots of more extras. (is very clean. Now I'm the envy of the neighborhood, everybody have something to say about my "hummer":)

love my hummer
By kimberz on 10/15/09 05:14 AM (PDT)

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Alot of folks tryed to steer me away from purchasing a used first year production hummer. I ignored it and minus a couple of electrical "bugs" I have had to work out, it is a mechanically strong, reliable vehicle. As usual, GM delivers excellence that lasts for years to come. With a little patience, if you love H2's, they are a "sound" investment. All used vehicles will come with minor issues to be resolved. I have owned mine now for 2 years and have done less dollars in repairs than my tires have costed me. By the way, Cooper STT M/S are a couple hundred dollars more, but worth investing in on an all wheel drive...mine with rotation at oil change have lasted me 50,000 and they look TOUGH!

Love my H2
By Happy Hummer owner on 02/04/09 11:51 AM (PST)

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

After owning Expeditions, Tahoes etc. this is by far the best SUV I've purchased! I'm extremely pleased with my Hummer in every way. I added a K&N induction system to improve power, but now the truck is a perfect 10 in my book.. I recommend the lux package with the sunroof and DVDs.

My H2 gave its life for me.
By Blessed on 10/24/08 13:27 PM (PDT)

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

After kissing my little boy and heading to work, a woman ran a red light going 50-70mph. My Hummer was t-boned on the driver's side and then due to her speed, flipped onto its headlights and upside down on its roof, sliding 20 feet. The jaws of life cut me out of my totaled Hummer. I suffered only minor injuries in an accident that would of killed me in any other vehicle. I was released from the hospital in time to kiss my little boy goodnight. The emergency crew said buying the Hummer was the best decision of my life.

Fun car... at first
By Chris on 05/31/07 10:16 AM (PDT)

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my Hummer for 3 years. I bought it because my friend let me drive his when it first came out. I fell in love with the comfort and looks. 2 years later my friend was taking an offramp in his H2 and there was a muffler on the road. The H2's inside wheel went over the debris and the Hummer rolled. He was wearing his seatbelt and is not a fast driver, but the roll made him paralyzed. His incident has scared me and I'm now looking for a large safe car like the Volvo S80. Something with a lower center of gravity that is less likely to roll. My H2 was very fun to drive at first, but I grew out of it after a couple months.

H2 experence
By m kennedy on 01/12/07 15:22 PM (PST)

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

1 trouble free for over 3 years 2 uses regular fuel which keeps cost of refill down 3 large 32 gal full tank for long distances 4 i would like to have a better downward fuel filling angle to prevent nozzle from falling from car 5 on remote outside mirrors i would like to be able to program them to fold automatically after parking vehicle

Awesome
By Bentley on 12/21/06 03:33 AM (PST)

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

When the H2 first came on the market, I knew I had to own one. This SUV has not disappointed my expectations. Fun to drive, extremely reliable, and indestructible. A little underpowered, but what do you expect with a 6000 pound "tank?" During winter months, my friends usually designate my H2 as the "designated" vehicle for ski trips, and when offer for them to drive, they never refuse. I get 13 mpg on the highway at 65 mph. I can fit four skiers inside including their skis.

2003 Hummer H2
By Maverick on 10/27/06 12:42 PM (PDT)

The best SUV that I have owned to date. Very, very surprised by the truck