Used 2008 HUMMER H2 SUT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 HUMMER H2 SUT - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.2L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic 2.9 ft. Bed - (3 reviews )

Outstanding!
By Brewer

2008 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned trucks built by all of the US manufacturers as well as everything from a Corvette to a Seville to an 08' Mustang Convertible GT (which was a great little car and a lot of fun to drive.) My 2008 Hummer H2 SUT however is the absolute best driving and most fun to drive vehicle that I have ever owned! I couldn't recommend it enough for any of you mid life crisis guys such as myself.

All around rugged comfort, like that old leather chair you wouldn't part with. It's also tough as a tank and got a great little backup camera that comes in handy since you wouldn't feel anything you backed over.

If they could keep the power while improving mileage it would be a nice bonus. But it is what it is, a fantastic truck that doesn't get much worse mileage than most of the crew cab pickups that I've owned.

The 2008 H2 SUT is absolutely awesome!
By H2

2008 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Over the years I have owned many different 4x4's, sedans and convertibles. This Hummer H2 SUT is one of the most fun vehicles I have ever driven and I get close to 14 mpg to boot.

Everything

None

Greatly Improved H2 SUT For 2008
By Vegas-SUT

2008 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

The new 6.2L V8 is exactly what was needed to improve the power and even improve the MPG. This is my second H2 SUT and while I could use regular gas in my 05 and this 08 requires Premium it's worth the cost difference. I only drive 4-5K miles per year so I am OK with the low MPG about 15 combined city/hwy 13 city. But now I have all the power I was lacking before to pass on the Hwy. I also take my H2 SUT off road regularly and it is unbeatable on any terrain. Hummer also upgraded the interior to meet the price with quality that was missing in previous years. This is the most comfortable seats and roomiest vehicle on the road. It's like sitting on my couch.

The improved engine/transmission. Upgraded interior. Back-up cam. Off road capabilities. Sound system, ability to now listen to a CD and use the nav system. Hummer actually listened and redesigned the 2008 fixing all of the issues of the previous models. This will never be an economy vehicle, best offroad

Improve gas mileage if they can. Bring back the tiltable head rests. Install a lock on center console. Improve windshield gaskets for quieter ride/eliminate wind noise at highway speed. Mostly minor issues this is a great off road truck that will get you anywhere you want to go.