Used 2006 HUMMER H2 SUT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 HUMMER H2 SUT - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 2.8 ft. Bed - (10 reviews )

This Truck...
By alessing

2006 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

When we bought our Hummer H2 SUT, it was $73k. It got around 10-12mpg. It's as big as a school bus, drives like a tank, rides like a tractor... It's not practical, it's not economical, it's hard to park, there's tons of blind spots, it doesn't fit in the garage if you had the roof rack lights (like I did) and it's over priced... But I loved it while I had it. I got it up to 60mph on the beach, went on an off road adventure and had NO issues. Never had any mechanical problems. And overall, it just looks cool. I don't recommend buying this truck, however, if you do I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. (Financial issues forced me to give it up.)

Heated seats in the front and back, OnStar, the off road capabilities, the bed, design, beautiful truck

cheap looking interior for such an expensive truck, fuel economy is terrible, a parking assist system would definitely help, and new blind spot assist would be awesome.

Fun Times
By Dan

2006 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the most fun vehicle to drive. There's nothing like it. I was in doubt about the off road capabilities of this vehicle, but once out in the sticks I was very impressed and my doubt was changed.

Off road capability, cabin open feel, driving feel

Fuel Milegae

It's not a truck. It's an experience!
By scramjet

2006 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

After driving off the lot in my new H2 SUT, i followed a friend to a restaurant. He pulls into "garage" parking and without thinking i pulled in behind him and had my first of many hummer exclusive experiences! the height clearance sign said 6' 8". i stopped and pulled out my owners manual and found my height clearance without the luggage rack option was 79.2" Perfect! I then proceeded and noticed the space between the ticket dispenser and opposite wall was really narrow. Fortunately, the salesman had showed me the automatic power folding mirror option, which allowed me to drive thru with literally a few inches on both sides of the vehicle! After parking we had a great dinner!

Slate Blue on the SUT body is what sold me. The "experience" feels solid and has great power. I get the looks from people, either good or bad!

Antenna is too long as it keeps banging on my garage door. Make locking gas caps standard as gas prices are high and the hummer makes a nice mobile gas station for some. Rear cameras should also be standard as parallel parking can be a real challenge. Fortunately, store window reflections can help

Zane's H2 (Zane is my rottweiler)
By mahana

2006 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I choose the SUT over the SUV so my Rottie can go everywhere I go. The rear window that rolls down is great for that. My dog, my kids, my husband and I are really enjoying this truck!

The design, the ruggedness. The safety factor.

The SUT has little storage, if my dog is in the back. Any cargo has to go inside the truck when my dog rides along. The Tournneau cover is okay but is not made to take on and off Need storage behind the seats, before the back window. The SUT is 19 inches shorter than the Suv, so there is room.

rave report
By wayne helm

2006 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

this is probably the best vehicle i have ever owned. i purchase a new vehicle every 2 years and really hate to part with my h2. i look forward to seeing what comes out next year as i will be in the market. when you spend that much money you want it to look different than what you have been driving. i cant say enough good about this vehiclel.

x.m. radio, impossible to get stuck, perfect seating and placement of accessories, i love being up high where i can see,

i feel the onstar is a rip off as it costs too much to use and there are too many varables. price it like a cell and people will go crazy for t.