2006 HUMMER H2 SUT - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 2.8 ft. Bed - (10 reviews )
This Truck...
By alessing on 09/15/12 09:26 AM (PDT)

2006 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

When we bought our Hummer H2 SUT, it was $73k. It got around 10-12mpg. It's as big as a school bus, drives like a tank, rides like a tractor... It's not practical, it's not economical, it's hard to park, there's tons of blind spots, it doesn't fit in the garage if you had the roof rack lights (like I did) and it's over priced... But I loved it while I had it. I got it up to 60mph on the beach, went on an off road adventure and had NO issues. Never had any mechanical problems. And overall, it just looks cool. I don't recommend buying this truck, however, if you do I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. (Financial issues forced me to give it up.)

Fun Times
By Dan on 07/13/06 06:21 AM (PDT)

2006 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the most fun vehicle to drive. There's nothing like it. I was in doubt about the off road capabilities of this vehicle, but once out in the sticks I was very impressed and my doubt was changed.

It's not a truck. It's an experience!
By scramjet on 05/10/06 08:10 AM (PDT)

2006 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

After driving off the lot in my new H2 SUT, i followed a friend to a restaurant. He pulls into "garage" parking and without thinking i pulled in behind him and had my first of many hummer exclusive experiences! the height clearance sign said 6' 8". i stopped and pulled out my owners manual and found my height clearance without the luggage rack option was 79.2" Perfect! I then proceeded and noticed the space between the ticket dispenser and opposite wall was really narrow. Fortunately, the salesman had showed me the automatic power folding mirror option, which allowed me to drive thru with literally a few inches on both sides of the vehicle! After parking we had a great dinner!

Zane's H2 (Zane is my rottweiler)
By mahana on 05/08/06 22:09 PM (PDT)

2006 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I choose the SUT over the SUV so my Rottie can go everywhere I go. The rear window that rolls down is great for that. My dog, my kids, my husband and I are really enjoying this truck!

rave report
By wayne helm on 04/04/06 07:31 AM (PDT)

2006 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

this is probably the best vehicle i have ever owned. i purchase a new vehicle every 2 years and really hate to part with my h2. i look forward to seeing what comes out next year as i will be in the market. when you spend that much money you want it to look different than what you have been driving. i cant say enough good about this vehiclel.

Hummer with Luxury Service!
By JeffRam on 03/29/06 20:26 PM (PST)

2006 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Great car if you want to tool around town or hunt. Dont expect to pick up your mother in law's sofa! Treated as good at service as a Lexus dealer! Flat out fun to drive.

BEST H2 EVER
By dat dude with money on 03/05/06 21:16 PM (PST)

2006 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

this is the best hummer ever made i find is very easy to use and i always know that i am prepared for every event because if i want to go offroading with the boys i can if we are going to the opera we are set if i need to pick up a couch i can i am prepaired and the millage is the same as my old expedition

Best i have ever owned
By jason solomon on 03/02/06 10:56 AM (PST)

2006 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best cash dollar investment I have ever made, not great on gas but safety, reliability an a overall work truck, it also gives appearance of success, but because I & H2 work in the swamps and marsh lands of Mississippi and Lousiana. My home base is in Ohio and the cold winter mornings when I leave for work and have to brave the harsh winter 4 am early mornings through ice storm,snow storms and heavy wind and freezing rain. I have never missed an appointment I drive along as if it were a summers day the automatic traction controls take over and it is has been the best insurance policy I have ever bought, I am sure if I was to slide off the road I have enough raw power to pull out.

I just love this thing
By John on 07/19/05 01:03 AM (PDT)

2006 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I just love this thing- I have had probably 15 cars/trucks in my life - This is by far my favorite. I chromed it up and individualized it. What I like most however is the On Star Phone & the XM Satellite Radio! Interior is rich black leather- I got lotts of accessories- Dealer in Long ISland is Fantastic!

Tonka Truck
By J on 06/24/05 14:58 PM (PDT)

2006 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is our 3rd car . It a great car for what it is. I wouldnt want to drive it day in and day out but for a truck as a toy cant be beat. It does all the things it is exepcted to do and is the most fun of any vehichle we have ever had. Mileage is poor but beyond that all that we exepcted and more.....

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.