2005 HUMMER H2 SUT - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 2.8 ft. Bed - (15 reviews )
Like nothing else!
By LUVMYHUMMER on 08/17/08 01:16 AM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

When they say "like nothing else" they mean it! I am 4"11 and people pull up 2 me all the time 2 see who is driving. I get compliments on it's look and color all the time. I love driving it. It's a 2005 with only 7000 miles on it. Love to take it off road out here in Lake havasu where we live. It doesn't get much mileage except 2 and from the lake. We've helped a Ford pull out both their truck and boat attached to the back of our boat and Hummer at the launch ramp. Finally a chance to show what the Hummer is really made of! I'm a proud owner. You can't own a Hummer and not love it, interior, CD system, built in phone capability, it's just a blast. Hummer is, truly, "Like nothing else!

Awesome experience~best vehicle ever
By NYC girl on 06/24/08 18:40 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Love driving it. In gas stations, all other drivers always come over and ask about it. For the huge size, it gets about 2-3 mpg less than other smaller sized SUV's and the same or better than most large pickups I've encountered. The off road, the stability, the unbelievable comfort inside far surpasses most others in the category-no competition. No road noise, visiblity its fantastic, miles above the rest! Everyone I know that has one, loves it and wouldn't get anything else. Even in this gas starved economy, other SUV's getting 2mp gallon more can't come close to everything in comfort this provides. My family loves it!

She is here!!!! Finally
By crw0868 on 07/18/06 12:11 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

one owner, driven on highway only, off road twice to experience the H2 truly fun, really does what they say, will tow anything, i towed rangers out of problems with front wench, rides better than cadillac, sound system a blast, wife making me sell it under market

I Love My H2 SUT
By walc on 04/08/06 18:48 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle and really fun to drive. It handles very well and has a suprisingly small turning radius. I think the power is excellent. I'm usually the first away from a traffic light and it really performs off road. It is very comfortable for day to day on-road driving, as well as off- roading. My wife loves it too. She feels safe.

Off-Road Truck
By MAS on 02/22/06 15:25 PM (PST)

2005 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

If you like off-roading this is the truck to get. It's ready to go in stock form where other stock 4x4's will need lots of mods to stay up. Gas mileage is really not that bad when compared to other large trucks or capable 4x4's with large tires. I drive 84 miles a day and average 16.4 mpg. Half of my trip is city stop and go, and the other half is highway at 60 mph max. Just minimize the stop and go, and use the cruise control on the highway. When just city driving, I average 12.5 mpg like most other trucks. These are really world numbers.

Hummer SUT Lux Surprises
By David T on 07/19/05 01:15 AM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Hummer H2 SUT is by far the most luxurous vehicle I have ever driven. It is amazingly smooth and easy to drive. The Lux package really sets it apart , and makes this a true luxury vehicle. The Leather seating is by far more comfortble than comparable seating in 100K mercedes and BMW's. The real surprise was the gas mileage is not much worse than other SUV's. With around 12 around town , and 16 on the highway. It is a real head turner ,and is by far the best looking SUV out there. It is well layed out , and a lot of thought went into the instrumentation, and the location of controlllable features. I could of had anything, but one test drive was all it took to close this deal.

Sure is a head turner
By Dick Holzer on 06/28/05 14:26 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

You have to get accustomed to people staring and asking to see the inside while gassing up. It has an outstanding ride but there is some wind noise at 60+, it is hard to tell what is causing it. The Hummer SUT gives you a very safe feeling while driving and the Navigation System a very confident feeling. It is a bit pricey but face it, not for everybody.

Hummer sut
By MIKE TOMSON on 06/08/05 14:18 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Surprisingly smooth ride. Very fun to drive. Turns alot of heads. Nicest vehicle i have ever had. No complaints so far. I tried talking my wife into buying one for her.

best of the best
By mike powell on 05/11/05 00:50 AM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Hummer H2 is far and away the finest vehicle i've ever owned. Great looks in and out, superior performance, extremely smooth ride, just a fantastic buy. I recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for an SUV. There is nothing like a Hummer.

Room 4 improvement
By Room 4 improvement on 03/24/05 10:11 AM (PST)

2005 HUMMER H2 SUT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We know about the gas milage so that's no surprise. What is a surprise is the wind noise over 60 mph from the wind screen over the moon roof. Gear shifting is rough. Cracking 2 windshields in 2 months is another annoyance I wasn't expecting. When you get the NAV you give up the 6 disc changer and there isn't a good place to add an aftermarket cd changer, nor does GM allow you to add a cd changer into the radio without voiding the warranty. So you need to add an FM modulator with the use of an external cd changer. Those are the negatives. This is the most comfortable seating I have ever enjoyed. And you will get many looks and comments from those who see you driving this vehicle all good.