Not just willing, eager
By dynosaur0 on
2008 Honda S2000 CR 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)
I've owned many cars over forty years: Sunbeam Alpine, Alfa Romeo Spyder, MGB and BMW 2002, back when. With a family, later, I was lucky with more practical, fun cars: VW GTI and BMW M3. Last year, I bought my S2000 in rich, pearlescent Rio Yellow. My wife was worried about the yellow. After she saw it, she said it was a perfect color for the shape and character of the car. This is the most eager, engaging car I've ever driven. It doesn't isolate you from the road or insulate you from the experience of covering ground. This is the most reliable open-top sports car made. Its instantaneous responses to driver input make it the best performance value available.
Favorite Features
Transmission/ shifter; the Jekyll and Hyde nature of the VTEC engine; which, contrary to a previous review, does not have less power than previously. The U.S. formula for computing HP in 07 resulted in an apparent decrease of 3 HP, though nothing was changed. The unglitzy cabin quality is great.
Suggested Improvements
A bit more cabin storage space would be welcome. Otherwise, non-distracting character of the driver-oriented interior is just about perfect.