Used 2008 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S2000 model:

kind of project car
By brandon m

2008 Honda S2000 CR 2dr Convertible w/AC, Audio (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I love my car. it is wonderful. It's quick but want it quicker. The steering is wonderful. Takes turns well.

The suede seats. And the slick body style. It feels good to drive

It might need to be a little bit lighter than it is

The Best Roadster
By Will

2008 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

My Honda S2000 is worth every dollar that I spent. The S2000 is a true roadster from the ground up. I like to feel the roadway that I am driving on, that is the purpose of owning a roadster. The amazing feature of the S2000 is the driving compartment it holds you in place in cornering and accelerating. I like the design of the controls they are all within the reach of my fingertips. The VTECH engine is a powerhouse coupled with the smoothest gearbox that I ever shifted. The S2000 is a fantastic performing vehicle. The S2000 is a Roadster in a class of its own. Honda needs to continue to manufacture the S2000 for the roadster enthusiasts. This car is the average person’s dream for a high per

Power Train; VTEC Engine, Gearbox shifting, fantastic suspension.

Enhance sound system, Convertible with a retractable hardtop feature.

My Upgrade
By blafusel

2008 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Worth every penny! It's probably not for everyone as the ride is a bit on the harsh side. Actually harsher than my Miata (but that's probably due to the Honda feeling stiffer overall). However, the payoff comes in the first corner you take! The engine is amazing. The sound is unbelievable. The best gearbox I've ever driven. All in all I'm very happy with it, but might've liked a variable suspension setup to soften the ride a bit in town. (I'm getting old 8)

Engine. Suspension setup. 50/50 balance.

Paddle shifters, better head unit and better speakers. Ability to close the top while driving (speed limited, like in Europe).

No Regrets!
By rcman

2008 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Drove the Z4, 350Z, Boxster S, Miata, and Sky redline. Went with S2000. Best car decision I've ever made. Loads of fun to drive. Very comfortable even on a 3-hr trip. Excellent build quality. Very usable trunk (w/spare). Top notch handling and accleration. I don't see any problems with lack of low end torque. You get two cars in one: Shift at <6k and it's a tame roadster, shift at 8k and it's a road hungry beast. Gets lots of attention (esp w/top down). I look for every opportunity to drive it. It's my daily driver and couldn't be happier.

The engine sound (intoxicating), seat comfort, ergonomics of controls, fast top, handling, and most of all- the best shifter in the industry

Remove need to have E-brake on to raise/lower top, better stereo.

Thrilled
By looking4acurve

2008 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I just traded in an '06 base Corvette on an S2000. I thought I might miss the 'Vette, but after almost 2,000 miles on the little drop-top I can honestly say that I'm thrilled with my decision. The Honda feels like it is glued to the road; handling is incredible, much better than the Corvette. The S2000 isn't as fast as the Chevy. But, it's quicker than my 350hp 2005 Daytona Charger RT was, and faster than a base Boxster. Push hard through a curve and the little Honda simply begs for more...and the F1 bark of the engine at 6k+ RPM is a hoot! Fit and finish are impeccable. There's no downside to the S2000 if one uses it for what it was designed, a true, absolutely uncompromising, sports car

Engine note over 6k RPM, handling!!!, and the absence of wind rumble with the top down and windows up. Occupants are comfortable top-down, windows up, at 55 degrees, mid-heat setting with fan off.

How 'bout putting the 2.4 RDX turbo in future models. Yikes, a 'Vette and Boxster S eater for $39,000!?!