Used 2008 Honda S2000 CR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda S2000 CR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S2000 model:

Not just willing, eager
By dynosaur0

2008 Honda S2000 CR CR 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned many cars over forty years: Sunbeam Alpine, Alfa Romeo Spyder, MGB and BMW 2002, back when. With a family, later, I was lucky with more practical, fun cars: VW GTI and BMW M3. Last year, I bought my S2000 in rich, pearlescent Rio Yellow. My wife was worried about the yellow. After she saw it, she said it was a perfect color for the shape and character of the car. This is the most eager, engaging car I've ever driven. It doesn't isolate you from the road or insulate you from the experience of covering ground. This is the most reliable open-top sports car made. Its instantaneous responses to driver input make it the best performance value available.

Transmission/ shifter; the Jekyll and Hyde nature of the VTEC engine; which, contrary to a previous review, does not have less power than previously. The U.S. formula for computing HP in 07 resulted in an apparent decrease of 3 HP, though nothing was changed. The unglitzy cabin quality is great.

A bit more cabin storage space would be welcome. Otherwise, non-distracting character of the driver-oriented interior is just about perfect.

As good as their motorcycles
By gene

2008 Honda S2000 CR CR 2dr Convertible w/AC, Audio (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This car is a poor man's world class car. Fantastic handling, hard acceleration, and great build quality combine with bulletproof mechanicals to make what I feel to be the greatest package for the money. This car looks like it could cost twice what it does. I can park this car next to nearly anything else on the road and not feel in the slightest way inferior.

I love a roadster with an adequate trunk and the electric top is a nice touch compared to my Toyota mr2.

A little more legroom, I'm 6-2 and fit as snugly as possible while still being reasonably comfortable.

kind of project car
By brandon m

2008 Honda S2000 CR CR 2dr Convertible w/AC, Audio (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I love my car. it is wonderful. It's quick but want it quicker. The steering is wonderful. Takes turns well.

The suede seats. And the slick body style. It feels good to drive

It might need to be a little bit lighter than it is

Not for the road!
By Honda2000CR

2008 Honda S2000 CR CR 2dr Convertible w/AC, Audio (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Beware to all, the CR is only for the track. If you are thinking about it for a daily driver or even a weekend getaway car, get the regualar S2000. I drove it less then eight miles on a "standard" road, felt like I went 10 round with Mayweather giving me kidney shots. If you are going to use it for what it was made for (track), you'll have a blast.

Very tight!

More horsepower, but an aftermarket super charger can be added for about 5k. (Paxton)