Used 2008 Honda S2000 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S2000 model:

Pure bred sports car!
By gs5019

2008 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned too many cars in life, from Porsches to BMW , several Miatas and many more. This car does the best job at what it tries to be-an uncompromising almost perfect handling car. I have run it on road courses and it rotates better than anything I have driven. Balanced, better than average brakes and the vtec surge of power when needed. I'm sorry Honda didn't continue with production. I was excited about the prospects of a six cylinder. But I'll trade a pound of power for a pound of handling all day long. This car delivers it! And it has Honda reliability.

Favorite Features

Handling, great cockpit, layout of instruments, seats, short shifts, styling, almost everything!

Suggested Improvements

About 60 more horses and it would be a perfect car!

One sweet ride by Honda.
By RussSeuffert

2008 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

From the first day I took a test drive I new I was hooked, that I had found a true gutsy sports car. I leased my first S2000 (Red) in 05 and this past July I swapped it for an 08 Laguna Blue beauty. The driving experience, the amount of car for the money, the continual grin on my face says it all. Honda created a winner with the 2000 and although it's production run is ending in this model year (09) this car will live on as one of the few remaining true sports cars on the road today, and one which I will own till I give up my license due to old age!

Favorite Features

V-Tec and a terrific gearbox. And one sweet sound from the exhaust.

Suggested Improvements

I can't suggest any. I'm very satisfied with the car as it is.

The Best Roadster
By Will

2008 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

My Honda S2000 is worth every dollar that I spent. The S2000 is a true roadster from the ground up. I like to feel the roadway that I am driving on, that is the purpose of owning a roadster. The amazing feature of the S2000 is the driving compartment it holds you in place in cornering and accelerating. I like the design of the controls they are all within the reach of my fingertips. The VTECH engine is a powerhouse coupled with the smoothest gearbox that I ever shifted. The S2000 is a fantastic performing vehicle. The S2000 is a Roadster in a class of its own. Honda needs to continue to manufacture the S2000 for the roadster enthusiasts. This car is the average personís dream for a high per

Favorite Features

Power Train; VTEC Engine, Gearbox shifting, fantastic suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Enhance sound system, Convertible with a retractable hardtop feature.

My Upgrade
By blafusel

2008 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Worth every penny! It's probably not for everyone as the ride is a bit on the harsh side. Actually harsher than my Miata (but that's probably due to the Honda feeling stiffer overall). However, the payoff comes in the first corner you take! The engine is amazing. The sound is unbelievable. The best gearbox I've ever driven. All in all I'm very happy with it, but might've liked a variable suspension setup to soften the ride a bit in town. (I'm getting old 8)

Favorite Features

Engine. Suspension setup. 50/50 balance.

Suggested Improvements

Paddle shifters, better head unit and better speakers. Ability to close the top while driving (speed limited, like in Europe).

No Regrets!
By rcman

2008 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Drove the Z4, 350Z, Boxster S, Miata, and Sky redline. Went with S2000. Best car decision I've ever made. Loads of fun to drive. Very comfortable even on a 3-hr trip. Excellent build quality. Very usable trunk (w/spare). Top notch handling and accleration. I don't see any problems with lack of low end torque. You get two cars in one: Shift at <6k and it's a tame roadster, shift at 8k and it's a road hungry beast. Gets lots of attention (esp w/top down). I look for every opportunity to drive it. It's my daily driver and couldn't be happier.

Favorite Features

The engine sound (intoxicating), seat comfort, ergonomics of controls, fast top, handling, and most of all- the best shifter in the industry

Suggested Improvements

Remove need to have E-brake on to raise/lower top, better stereo.