2008 Honda S2000 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S2000 model:
Pure bred sports car!
By gs5019 on 01/21/10 19:09 PM (PST)

2008 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned too many cars in life, from Porsches to BMW , several Miatas and many more. This car does the best job at what it tries to be-an uncompromising almost perfect handling car. I have run it on road courses and it rotates better than anything I have driven. Balanced, better than average brakes and the vtec surge of power when needed. I'm sorry Honda didn't continue with production. I was excited about the prospects of a six cylinder. But I'll trade a pound of power for a pound of handling all day long. This car delivers it! And it has Honda reliability.

One sweet ride by Honda.
By RussSeuffert on 01/31/09 21:55 PM (PST)

2008 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

From the first day I took a test drive I new I was hooked, that I had found a true gutsy sports car. I leased my first S2000 (Red) in 05 and this past July I swapped it for an 08 Laguna Blue beauty. The driving experience, the amount of car for the money, the continual grin on my face says it all. Honda created a winner with the 2000 and although it's production run is ending in this model year (09) this car will live on as one of the few remaining true sports cars on the road today, and one which I will own till I give up my license due to old age!

The Best Roadster
By Will on 04/20/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

My Honda S2000 is worth every dollar that I spent. The S2000 is a true roadster from the ground up. I like to feel the roadway that I am driving on, that is the purpose of owning a roadster. The amazing feature of the S2000 is the driving compartment it holds you in place in cornering and accelerating. I like the design of the controls they are all within the reach of my fingertips. The VTECH engine is a powerhouse coupled with the smoothest gearbox that I ever shifted. The S2000 is a fantastic performing vehicle. The S2000 is a Roadster in a class of its own. Honda needs to continue to manufacture the S2000 for the roadster enthusiasts. This car is the average person’s dream for a high per

My Upgrade
By blafusel on 03/29/08 10:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Worth every penny! It's probably not for everyone as the ride is a bit on the harsh side. Actually harsher than my Miata (but that's probably due to the Honda feeling stiffer overall). However, the payoff comes in the first corner you take! The engine is amazing. The sound is unbelievable. The best gearbox I've ever driven. All in all I'm very happy with it, but might've liked a variable suspension setup to soften the ride a bit in town. (I'm getting old 8)

No Regrets!
By rcman on 02/27/08 09:50 AM (PST)

2008 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Drove the Z4, 350Z, Boxster S, Miata, and Sky redline. Went with S2000. Best car decision I've ever made. Loads of fun to drive. Very comfortable even on a 3-hr trip. Excellent build quality. Very usable trunk (w/spare). Top notch handling and accleration. I don't see any problems with lack of low end torque. You get two cars in one: Shift at <6k and it's a tame roadster, shift at 8k and it's a road hungry beast. Gets lots of attention (esp w/top down). I look for every opportunity to drive it. It's my daily driver and couldn't be happier.

Thrilled
By looking4acurve on 02/14/08 08:41 AM (PST)

2008 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I just traded in an '06 base Corvette on an S2000. I thought I might miss the 'Vette, but after almost 2,000 miles on the little drop-top I can honestly say that I'm thrilled with my decision. The Honda feels like it is glued to the road; handling is incredible, much better than the Corvette. The S2000 isn't as fast as the Chevy. But, it's quicker than my 350hp 2005 Daytona Charger RT was, and faster than a base Boxster. Push hard through a curve and the little Honda simply begs for more...and the F1 bark of the engine at 6k+ RPM is a hoot! Fit and finish are impeccable. There's no downside to the S2000 if one uses it for what it was designed, a true, absolutely uncompromising, sports car

Mr Practical's review
By MrPractical on 01/23/08 10:36 AM (PST)

2008 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is MY 3rd Honda (and my wife drives an '05 Accord EX). Had an '00 Si, '06 Civic EX, and now the car of my dreams for 8 years,the '08 s2000. The power is intense! The handling is spot on, and the fit/finish is perfect Honda quality. I loved the high-rev engine of the Si, so am excited to hear the engine spin high. There's never a whine though, it's beautiful. I'm 6'2" and fit tightly. Any taller and it'd be too tight. There is very little truck space, but I haven't yet needed more space. The cabin provides small hidden storage areas: two small "glove boxes", a couple small net pockets around the cabin. I'll miss my variable timer wipers and rear speakers, but have gotten over it already.

It is a keeper
By iownans2000 on 01/22/08 18:56 PM (PST)

2008 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

If you want a fun car, this is it. However, it is NOT an every day car. I have owned several sports cars, the last being a 350z. The S2000, is much more fun than the Z, has a better road feel and is easier to drive. However, the inside is tight and there is not much leg room. If this is your 3rd you will want to drive it often. However, if this is your primary car, you will wish it had more room.

Honda Hits A Home Run
By Michael Yeager on 12/07/07 09:13 AM (PST)

2008 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

A practical sports car? I've owned and driven true sports cars such as the MGB and Fiat X-19. As all true sports cars are supposed to be, they were cramped, noisy, with no room for luggage -- in short highly impractical -- but a blast to drive. Here is a true sports car in every sense with high-tech handling and more power than all but the most experienced sports car guy can handle. The S-2000 has changed little, but when you've approached perfection, why mess around. Honda pays attention to critics. Although HP numbers have evolved downward slightly, the mid-band torque is now just right. 50/50 balance, a bit light in the rear for traction, but great handling.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.