Used 2008 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S2000 model:

Pure bred sports car!
By gs5019

2008 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned too many cars in life, from Porsches to BMW , several Miatas and many more. This car does the best job at what it tries to be-an uncompromising almost perfect handling car. I have run it on road courses and it rotates better than anything I have driven. Balanced, better than average brakes and the vtec surge of power when needed. I'm sorry Honda didn't continue with production. I was excited about the prospects of a six cylinder. But I'll trade a pound of power for a pound of handling all day long. This car delivers it! And it has Honda reliability.

Handling, great cockpit, layout of instruments, seats, short shifts, styling, almost everything!

About 60 more horses and it would be a perfect car!

Not just willing, eager
By dynosaur0

2008 Honda S2000 CR 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned many cars over forty years: Sunbeam Alpine, Alfa Romeo Spyder, MGB and BMW 2002, back when. With a family, later, I was lucky with more practical, fun cars: VW GTI and BMW M3. Last year, I bought my S2000 in rich, pearlescent Rio Yellow. My wife was worried about the yellow. After she saw it, she said it was a perfect color for the shape and character of the car. This is the most eager, engaging car I've ever driven. It doesn't isolate you from the road or insulate you from the experience of covering ground. This is the most reliable open-top sports car made. Its instantaneous responses to driver input make it the best performance value available.

Transmission/ shifter; the Jekyll and Hyde nature of the VTEC engine; which, contrary to a previous review, does not have less power than previously. The U.S. formula for computing HP in 07 resulted in an apparent decrease of 3 HP, though nothing was changed. The unglitzy cabin quality is great.

A bit more cabin storage space would be welcome. Otherwise, non-distracting character of the driver-oriented interior is just about perfect.

One sweet ride by Honda.
By RussSeuffert

2008 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

From the first day I took a test drive I new I was hooked, that I had found a true gutsy sports car. I leased my first S2000 (Red) in 05 and this past July I swapped it for an 08 Laguna Blue beauty. The driving experience, the amount of car for the money, the continual grin on my face says it all. Honda created a winner with the 2000 and although it's production run is ending in this model year (09) this car will live on as one of the few remaining true sports cars on the road today, and one which I will own till I give up my license due to old age!

V-Tec and a terrific gearbox. And one sweet sound from the exhaust.

I can't suggest any. I'm very satisfied with the car as it is.

As good as their motorcycles
By gene

2008 Honda S2000 CR 2dr Convertible w/AC, Audio (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This car is a poor man's world class car. Fantastic handling, hard acceleration, and great build quality combine with bulletproof mechanicals to make what I feel to be the greatest package for the money. This car looks like it could cost twice what it does. I can park this car next to nearly anything else on the road and not feel in the slightest way inferior.

I love a roadster with an adequate trunk and the electric top is a nice touch compared to my Toyota mr2.

A little more legroom, I'm 6-2 and fit as snugly as possible while still being reasonably comfortable.

kind of project car
By brandon m

2008 Honda S2000 CR 2dr Convertible w/AC, Audio (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I love my car. it is wonderful. It's quick but want it quicker. The steering is wonderful. Takes turns well.

The suede seats. And the slick body style. It feels good to drive

It might need to be a little bit lighter than it is