Best sports car for $30k
By hadeed on
2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)
This is my second Honda S2000. I used to own a Silverstone model year 2004. I sold the Silverstone to a friend and bought a New Formula Red model year 2007. Both cars have been daily drivers. I live in Michigan and drive my car all year round...including snow. The S2000 is simply bullet proof. With snow/winter tires on it, it handles even the worst days in winter and I've never been stuck. With proper summer tires it's a champ at the racetrack. All this and I still average 24mpg mixed city/hwy, and about 29-30mpg on the highway. Honestly, this car is the most fun for the money, period.
Favorite Features
Extremely precise and crisp gearbox, quick folding convertible top, lovely engine and exhaust note, great gas mileage, Honda reliability, plus everyone thinks it's some kind of exotic sports car. Plus it's very cheap to maintain versus buying a BMW or Porsche convertible.
Suggested Improvements
Radio output, even with the headrest speakers, is not that great, especially with the top down. Also, the cup holder is a touch too small. A second 12 volt outlet would be nice too. Honestly...I'm finding a hard time finding anything negative to say.