Major cosmetic defect on my S2000!
By ddanont on
2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)
Hi Everyone, I just wanted to warn you about my S2000 experience. This past weekend, I bought a brand new 2007 S2000 from a dealership in Loma Linda, CA. I took a night delivery, so I couldn't fully inspect the vehicle, particularly the interior. Over the next 2 days as I spent more time in the car, I noticed "bumps" on the dashboard. Think swells, each the size of the top of a pencil eraser. Some were larger, totaling about 10 of them. I pressed on these bumps & found voids underneath (as opposed to the usual firm sponge). I attempted a swap, but the dealership will not work with me, & the car had less than 300 miles on it. I am now stuck with a $33k car, waiting to be disassembled.
Favorite Features
I like many things about the car, but particularly the transmission. The remainder of the car was well admired, until I found this silly but major issue. I expected Honda quality to be top notch, particular on the "basic" things such as a dashboard.
Suggested Improvements
Actually, I don't suggest anything other than basic quality improvement. My entire console will be replaced. Needless to say, I'm having it serviced at a more reputable dealership. I know they'll honor the warranty, but even the dealership is reluctant to fix it, afraid of rattles & issues to follow