Baby Boomer's First Sports Car
By Sam'sS2K on
2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)
I fell in love with a cousin's red Austin Healy when I was a teenager. What a rush! Nearly 40 years later I get that same rush with my red S2K. We lost our 2000 Accord to a rear end accident earlier this year. I love Honda and felt it would be only right to replace the old Accord with another Honda. A wild hair steered me to the S2000.It's been only a month or so but I can't get enough of it. We went on a near 5 hour mountain ride this weekend through some winding roads in Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee. My "automatic transmission" legs were worn out but the thrill was a true "heart pumper". It's my version of a safe Harley (all the fun and none of the risk). Why did I wait so long???
Favorite Features
The top that raises or lower in 6 seconds (easy to accomplish at a red light); the beautiful sleek body; the 6 speed manual transmission. It has a fit and feel that I had forgotten how much fun one could have setting up. The handling is absolutely amazing. It feels like a go cart on steroids!!
Suggested Improvements
Could use a 6 CD system instead of just the single one. Also needs a direct iPod connection. The cup holder needs improvement; it's a bit difficult to store a tall drink and shift gears (however it's possible). A front curb sensor would be nice. I realized this need after scraping the curb on day 3.