2007 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (38 reviews )
Best car ever made
By S2K Tommy on 11/29/08 12:27 PM (PST)

2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is the second S2000 I've owned. The first one was the 2001 version. This car is amazing. The power curve is smooth and the handling is even better. The looks of the exterior is classic. Since I've owned it, I've added full race suspension to it and upgraded the wheels to forged 18x7.5 front and 18x9 in the rears. The car was also lowered about 2 inches all around. The car handles so much more better although comfort was slightly compromised, the benefits greatly outweighed the feeling of having just a "normal" ride, not that the factory suspension wasn't stiff enough. I'm an auto enthusiast and have owned more powerful cars in the past but this car the least say is the most fun of all!

A future classic
By JimG on 08/18/08 19:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I am the proud owner of a 2007 Silverstone/Black S2000. What a gorgeous car. Aging exterior design? The lines are simple, fluid, aggressive and classic. Beautiful today. Beautiful 20 years from now. Dated interior? Your speed in big red numbers so you can't miss it. A bar tachometer shaped like the horsepower curve. AC and stereo controls at your fingertips. Comfy leather seats hold you tight in turns. The top goes up and down in a snap. Engine performance? How many cars put out more than 100 hp per liter, even in 2008? Drive it like a Miata, and you'll get Miata-like performance/mpg. Punch it and you have a rocket. A 6-speed four-wheeled sport bike, pure and simple.

What took me so long?
By Joenat56 on 08/06/08 12:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I finally got my 2007 S2000 last Tuesday, July 29. I had been test driving different S2000's at dealers, reading road tests and reviews, and researching them on the internet for about 6 months. I have been an auto enthusiast most of my life and have owned many performance cars and two corvettes. I will have to say that the Honda S2000 is the most fun car to drive that I have ever owned. It's not the fastest or the most powerful or the most comfortable but it does so many things so well. I can't drive this car without smiling. By the way I'm 66 years old. My son told me the S2000 wasn't practical. I replied that I was too old to be practical.

Quality drivers car, bang for the buck!
By DJ on 07/25/08 13:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Have only owned the roadster for a week but have researched for years being an enthusiast of this gem. Why pay $20- $30,000 more for a name like Porsche or Bimmer when you only get the cache' and moreover, major league repair costs. Driving behavior was better than expected with the point and squirt steering which is as predictable as you will find. Power is as well better than expected. The torque at lower RPM in V 2.2 was desperately needed and now that has been addressed. 8 model years and still going strong. Not many cars are produced this long and still sell like hot cakes. CR version would likely be my next car.

Great Car but a word of warning
By Airmaster on 07/20/08 10:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Have had the car for nearly a year now, and the driving experience has been great. BUT now for the warning. The S2000's seats (and parts, for that matter) are hot parts with young kids souping up their little cars. My car was completely stripped; seats, steering wheel, radio, airbags, and carpet, right in front of my own house. If you are to purchase this car, make sure you have a garage or a very good aftermarket alarm. If not, stay clear of the car. I now have an alarm, but I still have that fear of someone stripping it again.

all positive
By Otterman on 06/30/08 13:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned "lil red" for 3 months. This is the first sports/performance car I've owned so I can offer no comparisons, but can say I have no disappointments. Very impressed with the build quality and I see no flaws in performance. This car is equally at home cruising downtown or screaming through the hills, and it never gets finicky, just purrs along ready for anything. Hitting vtec is nice, esp if you have some room to play. 8k rpm = 70 mph in 3rd, and you still have 3 more gears! Steering is very linear, suspension is firm but not punishing. This car makes no mistakes but will certainly point out yours :) if you like sports cars you'll probably love it.

Major Oversteer Problem
By KW on 06/16/08 11:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I have lusted over the Honda S2000 ever since it arrived on the scene. I have had a '91 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce and a '96 Mazda Miata. I love my new convertible except on the freeway. Driving above 60 mph scares me and I feel like I'm going to lose control of the vehicle around freeway bends. There is major fish-tailing involved and I oftentimes struggle to regain control of the vehicle if I am driving anywhere over 60 mph. In Texas, driving less than 70 mph on the freeway is a death- sentence.

Great car, just get seat locks!
By BRIJAN81 on 06/05/08 09:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Had this car for 2 months loved it, it's a true roadster convertible. A real Honda enthusiast's car. I miss it. See, some thugs ripped my top and stole the seats out of my car. Took 3 weeks to order them from Japan (they come in pieces) and couldn't drive it for 3 weeks! Worst of all it happened in front of my house. So I had to get rid of it. I regret it. But couldn't deal with the stress of getting up every day and possibly dealing with this happen again. If you get one. Please get seat locks, and a really good factory alarm, it will save you a huge head ache like I wish I had avoided.

Honda S2K crazy
By HondaRich on 05/31/08 13:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned two sports cars, a 1980 Corvette and the 2007 Honda S2K. The Honda gets my vote. I purchased the Berlina Black. The only color for a fast, stealthy sportster. I was a bit disappointed about 20 somethings not gasping at this beauty, but I guess they gasp at Prius' instead. Had to wait for mileage to reach 1000, before really turning on the V- Tec above 6000. Wow, this engine is incredible. Nothing like winding 8000 in third gear. Even the fellows in F- 150's take notice. Best features: external beauty, beautiful wheels, "clean" interior, exceptional assembly. Best attributes: loud, throaty roar of the engine; stiff, hard, solid ride; this is a car for drivers.

Retirement Gift to Self
By Steve Carroll on 03/26/08 21:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is the best bang for the buck for a true sports car. When I run it in the mountains it wants to go harder than I am willing to take it and I run it pretty hard. The Corvette I drove had more power but inferior fit and finish compared to the S2000...and a much higher price tag. This is a fine true sports car in every way.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.