2007 Honda S2000 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (38 reviews )
One with the road
By geekette70 on 05/16/13 16:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I'm not going to lie, there are a few things I could complain about with my S2K, wind noise, lack of features, rough ride...whatever...but the truth is, I don't care. This car isn't for people looking for luxury, it's for people who want performance. No, not that American I'VE-GOT-MORE-HP-THAN-YOU performance, but responsiveness, agility and above all, fun. This is a car for people who love driving their driving raw and unfiltered. If you want a luxury car, get a Porche, if you're looking for a cute convertible, get a Miata, if you want to be one with the road, to hug every curve and to huge smile every time you turn the key in the ignition, then the S2000 is the care you're looking for.

My Baby Blue S2000
By s2000lover on 07/28/12 11:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is a beautiful sports car. I will tell you I'm in love with my car. I purchase brand new 2007 Honda S2000 convertible 6-speed manual. Let me ALERT you in a few things. Is the most stolen and wanted car in the state of Florida don't matter the age nor conditions of the car. Mine has being stolen twice. mainly for the seats. This last time they really striped the car down. Alarm system & tracking devices don't work for this crooks.

Best Sports Car EVER
By burghcarguy on 07/27/11 14:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Note: this is a summer car, about 4k miles/yr. I bought it with 18k on it and now have 24k. There are a few problems with this car - you're constantly smiling and you find yourself giving out a WHOOP while you're driving. This car is simply a motorcycle with doors. It can be driven hard by the average guy (that's me) without feeling dangerous, and can be push to the limit by the pro. You will love signs that say "winding road ahead" as it simply carves through them like an Olympic slalom skier. You'll take two-lane blacktops rather than highways, so you'll get 23 MPG (If you get 30 MPG, you're not having enough fun). And the top is down all the time. Maintenance has been $100/yr. + tires.

Fun Car, Too Many Parts Breaking
By dmacinaz on 05/11/11 06:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is an absolutely fun car to drive. I use it as my daily driver and it is a blast. I have taken it on several trips to the coast and to Vegas and while there may not be a whole lot of extra room in the cabin, the seats are very comfortable and make it easy to drive long distances. That's the upside to this car. Now for the downside. I bought this car used in 2008 with 14K miles on it. I had 0 problems with it until this past year when at 55K miles the AC compressor decided to go out. $1,500 for that fix, then the clutch master cylinder went out for another $200. I hope that's the last fix for a while.

High Mileage Performer
By DrBob on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Just finished my second cross-the-usa trip, 7500 miles, averaged about 30 mpg; overall fuel average has been 27 mpg covering a total of 45K miles. I'm 69 years old and this is my daily driver. Performance and dependability and precision control would best describe my driving experience. Yes, it's a small cockpit with not a lot of wiggle room but the seats mold to your body and I can go all day without body fatigue. Try it before you buy it, it's not a car for everyone.

Love this car
By j.sternberg on 05/27/10 09:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

What a terrific car. If you are looking for comfort this may not be the car for you, at least if you are a tall or large person. Otherwise it is one of the best.

Hurting at 3 yrs.
By Dee on 04/14/10 17:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I love my 2007 s2000...BUT now it's 3yrs. old and has lots of issues. Rattles,Poor Gas Mileage,Had spark plugs change twice now and car is under warranty, but that's not included! Now it's in again in less then one week and engine light keeps coming on and every time an issue! This time the engin is being taken apart. FYI Now the car is not cheap and the repairs are worst. I'm looking to rid of it before it needs tires. One and only driver and not used as a racer. I bought this car from all the great reviews I read, but no longer feeling it.

Great roadster, minimal frills
By Laker on 12/19/09 20:21 PM (PST)

2007 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is a summer use car for us (we live high in the Colorado snow country and prefer to garage the S2K in bad weather). We've had lots of great sports cars and sports sedans, but this little Honda is really a gem. Not too expensive, highly reliable, and fast. Most of our driving is on open mountain roads, hardly any stop & go in-town sort of driving. After three summers of use, we have never gotten less than 30 miles per gallon with this car, totally unlike the experience that some others have reported. And no we don't baby it...love that VTEC zone! The trunk is big enough for two carry-on bags, a small cooler and a couple of parkas. Longest trip was 10 days, to Banff/Lake Louise.

Best sports car for $30k
By hadeed on 11/16/09 12:07 PM (PST)

2007 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Honda S2000. I used to own a Silverstone model year 2004. I sold the Silverstone to a friend and bought a New Formula Red model year 2007. Both cars have been daily drivers. I live in Michigan and drive my car all year round...including snow. The S2000 is simply bullet proof. With snow/winter tires on it, it handles even the worst days in winter and I've never been stuck. With proper summer tires it's a champ at the racetrack. All this and I still average 24mpg mixed city/hwy, and about 29-30mpg on the highway. Honestly, this car is the most fun for the money, period.

My S2000
By Sarah on 09/04/09 10:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I leased my S2000 for three years. It is a fun car to drive but it is not economical. It has power but it doesn't have much room for anything. I guess as long as you are single and are not planning to go on a trip with it, then you are ok. Otherwise, there isn't much room in the car or in the trunk. I could never get a suitcase to fit. Again, it is a great car but perhaps for college kids, who have time to drive around and are skinny enough to fit in it. I always had to watch who I offered a ride to, not everyone will fit in it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.