Used 2007 Honda S2000 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda S2000 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (38 reviews )

One with the road
By geekette70

2007 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I'm not going to lie, there are a few things I could complain about with my S2K, wind noise, lack of features, rough ride...whatever...but the truth is, I don't care. This car isn't for people looking for luxury, it's for people who want performance. No, not that American I'VE-GOT-MORE-HP-THAN-YOU performance, but responsiveness, agility and above all, fun. This is a car for people who love driving their driving raw and unfiltered. If you want a luxury car, get a Porche, if you're looking for a cute convertible, get a Miata, if you want to be one with the road, to hug every curve and to huge smile every time you turn the key in the ignition, then the S2000 is the care you're looking for.

The VTECH engine is only one of the things that sets the S2000 apart, the driver-tuned cockpit and the way it absolutely hugs the road on curves at any speed are just icing on the cake. Edmunds complains of engine noise at higher RPM levels...well...call me crazy, but I think that's just part of her beauty. She's a needy speedy thrill seeker, and you have to be willing to be agressive to fully appreciate what she can do for you. There's nothing wrong with reaching 70 mph in third gear, and you will find yourself scouring the maps for the twistiest roads in your area (or driving across the country to reach them if there are none locally.)

The stereo and speakers aren't the greatest, but it can be replaced with an aftermarket(you can get an adapter for the dashboard controls if you search online.) Wind noise is significant, but it doesn't stop me from driving with the top down every chance i get. Stolen seats are a problem, so get an alarm. I'm 4'11" and my husband is 6'1" and we're both average weight and we fit just fine, though he's probably on the upper end of what might be comfortable. You have to be careful about the guests you invite in, not everyone will fit. So far I haven't found much else in the way of negatives other than crappy floor mats.

My Baby Blue S2000
By s2000lover

2007 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is a beautiful sports car. I will tell you I'm in love with my car. I purchase brand new 2007 Honda S2000 convertible 6-speed manual. Let me ALERT you in a few things. Is the most stolen and wanted car in the state of Florida don't matter the age nor conditions of the car. Mine has being stolen twice. mainly for the seats. This last time they really striped the car down. Alarm system & tracking devices don't work for this crooks.

Great convertible car to have. but like anything it comes with a price. the younger kids crave the high speed of a sports car. but they can't afford it so they will STEAL your car for the ride. just like the movie gone in 60 seconds or even fast n the furious

Best Sports Car EVER
By burghcarguy

2007 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Note: this is a summer car, about 4k miles/yr. I bought it with 18k on it and now have 24k. There are a few problems with this car - you're constantly smiling and you find yourself giving out a WHOOP while you're driving. This car is simply a motorcycle with doors. It can be driven hard by the average guy (that's me) without feeling dangerous, and can be push to the limit by the pro. You will love signs that say "winding road ahead" as it simply carves through them like an Olympic slalom skier. You'll take two-lane blacktops rather than highways, so you'll get 23 MPG (If you get 30 MPG, you're not having enough fun). And the top is down all the time. Maintenance has been $100/yr. + tires.

Top-down driving; Slick 6-speed shifter; Taking the car to 7,000+ rpm. Going around the curves at 50 MPH. Minimal maintenance. The "top-down" setting on the heat/AC that allows top-down driving into early November in Pennsylvania. The smile on my wife's face when we go for a ride.

None - this is a driver's car and was made for that purpose.

Fun Car, Too Many Parts Breaking
By dmacinaz

2007 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is an absolutely fun car to drive. I use it as my daily driver and it is a blast. I have taken it on several trips to the coast and to Vegas and while there may not be a whole lot of extra room in the cabin, the seats are very comfortable and make it easy to drive long distances. That's the upside to this car. Now for the downside. I bought this car used in 2008 with 14K miles on it. I had 0 problems with it until this past year when at 55K miles the AC compressor decided to go out. $1,500 for that fix, then the clutch master cylinder went out for another $200. I hope that's the last fix for a while.

The engine and transmission combo is wonderful. This car does not come with a whole lot of "extras" - it's a driver's car so you had best enjoy driving, the sound of driving and the wind that comes with driving top down. The thing corners like a go kart but be prepared to spend some coin on tires because you will go through them.

Since the S2000 is no longer being made, not sure that this matters but it would have been nice to experience some of Honda's legendary reliability here or at least have Honda be a little more willing to step up and go beyond their 36,000 mile warranty.

High Mileage Performer
By DrBob

2007 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Just finished my second cross-the-usa trip, 7500 miles, averaged about 30 mpg; overall fuel average has been 27 mpg covering a total of 45K miles. I'm 69 years old and this is my daily driver. Performance and dependability and precision control would best describe my driving experience. Yes, it's a small cockpit with not a lot of wiggle room but the seats mold to your body and I can go all day without body fatigue. Try it before you buy it, it's not a car for everyone.

I like the electric top that folds down in about 8 seconds.

Maybe a little more adjustment in the seats if there's room.