2006 Honda S2000 Consumer Review: California Coast Highway 1

2006 Honda S2000 - Consumer Review

Base Convertible (2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

California Coast Highway 1
By Phil on

2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I recently returned from the coast in my pre-own certified 2006 S2000. What a blast! The car is nimble yet responsive with cat quick handling. Surprisingly my wife and I was able to transport enough luggage and supplies for the weekend trip with space left over. XM radio reception was fine, but it's nothing like the whine of the engine against the redwoods, tight curves and straightaways. The 4-cylinder V-Tech is an absolute monster that leaves me longing for an excuse to head to the coast again. Although I am tall I had no problem with the comfort. In fact the only complaints are tired facial muscles from grinning like a 2-year old, and a sun burn from refusing to let the top up!

Traditional sports car styling (timeless) unlike trendy designs; nimble but responsive handling, and no shortage of RPM's.

If anything, I could use another 1/2 inch in width to access my seatbelt with the door closed, but then again I'm taller than average. Since the gearbox is so tight, for my wife's sake I wish there was a feature to prevent accidental downshifting at higher RPM's; I'm thinking accidentally over-revs.