2006 Honda S2000 Consumer Review: Not for the die hard, but for

2006 Honda S2000 - Consumer Review

Base Convertible (2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Not for the die hard, but for the true.
By WhiteKnight on

2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I was in the market for a Porsche Cayman or an exotic that was good as a everyday driver if needed. I somehow always wound up on a search path on the S2000 in forums. All I heard was good, but honestly the internet pics did the S2000 no justice. I decided to go see it in person at a Honda dealership. I was in the market for no nonsense sports car, structurally tight, no rattles, and had a very good dependable engine. When I test drove the car, it was the right fit. For the same price you can buy some others, but this car fit me for what I wanted. I don't like clutter. I like efficient, practical equipment on my cars that is sporty.

Very tight solid car. I hate rattles. Some want more work on the dash, but I like how everything is functional, and can be reached without looking. Definitely a cockpit car. I own exotics and older cars i.e. mustang fastback. I didn't expect to get looks and stares from the chicks, but I do. :)

Factory optional supercharger. I will be installing one aftermarket. A little difficult getting out and in of the car, I'm 5'11, but that's nothing to cry about on a true sports car.