Love our Lolita in her red dress!!!!
By Jim on
2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)
How much do you need to love a car to give her a name? We recently bought a red '06 with only 8K miles on her. We are a family of Hondas - when my spouse bought her CRV in 2005 I sat in a s2000 in the showroom and said "hey babe I'm gonna buy you one of these" I knew that one would end up in the garage eventually. All my Honda experiences have been excellent, 2 Civics, said CRV, and now the S2K. What a car! It just DARES you to drive it. The gearbox is butter, the sound is magnificent, the interior is Honda simple, the seats are comfy. Styling is understated, but menacing in an anime sort of way. Mash the throttle in second, spool her up to 7K rpm and hold on! Turbos are for whimps, baby!
Favorite Features
The engine is a work of mechanical art. Acceleration. VTEC kicking in at high RPM's and flattening you to the seat. Styling. Simple ergonomics (I mean, really, so you need an operable cup holder in this car?) and smooth operating top.
Suggested Improvements
The only nitpick I have is the brakes while effective don't seem much different from our CRV. On a high performance car you would expect the brake calipers to at least be painted and the rotors cross drilled for heat venting. I have never driven Lolita at a track but I'll bet they would fade fast.