I couldn't give this car less then 4.....
By yelis on
2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)
My previous cars: e46 M3, e92 335i, B7 A4, and a few Maximas. S2000 is super fun, simple yet nice design, engine is work of art, fun factor compared to my previous M3. Now the bad: should be at least 0.5 seconds faster, NOT as reliable as I thought...I have 33k miles and check engine light for multiple misfires (common on S2k) all 4 coil packs were cracked ($650 job at dealer w/ diagnostics), at 33k miles car already needed valve adjustment ($340 at dealer w/seal and diagnostics)....and I heard that injectors on this car can also fail soon.....remember my car has had ALL maintenance and was never raced on track. Kind of disappointed since I bought this car for "Honda reliability"
Favorite Features
Engine, transmission, HIDs
Suggested Improvements
Head Unit is junk....only plays CDs....and skips by the way....HondaUSA customer relations is a joke. Also almost ALL softtops on S2000 have defect and Honda refuses to fix even though there is TSB on this for 4 years now ! Soft top frame has sharp edges which cause softtop to rip. (my car had this issue at around 20-25k miles)
By kolyan2k
on 06/11/12 08:19 AM (PDT)

ps. work was done at dealer because i had warranty. i only paid $340 from pocket. car runs super right now after new coilpacks and valves adjusted. at 40k miles now. replaced head unit with Sony and it sounds and works 100 times better.