2006 Honda S2000 Consumer Review: Drive one and you'll want one.

2006 Honda S2000 - Consumer Review

Base Convertible (2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Drive one and you'll want one.
By Hyytekk on

2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

The designers and engineers at Honda just seem to have considered and optimized every detail. The car is responsive as a go-cart and there's nothing short of installing a supercharger that can improve it's acceleration. It's styling is understated but aggressive and it doesn't try to look like a bat-mobile. Getting in the car is like putting on a glove. You almost wear the car instead of sit in it. But still it feels spacious and open unlike a Boxter that I had. I have the Rio Spa Yellow metalic color and the car seems to turn heads and elicit kudos even when next to much more expensive models and name plates. Just walking up to my car puts a goofy grin on my face. This car is drives me!

Favorite Features

Push button starter, smmmooootttthhhh gearbox and shifting, stereo controls duplicated on the driver's left side, incredible acceleration, excellent gas mileage, smooth operating convertible top, very low maintaince unlike it's marque competitors. Surprising trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Tough to imagine any! The stereo system is sufficient but could be upgraded to include headrest seats. Perhaps a bit more storage in the cabin.