2006 Honda S2000 Consumer Review: Best bang for the buck on the

2006 Honda S2000 - Consumer Review

Best bang for the buck on the market
By eric_the_jew on

2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I must say that I am a die hard sport bike guy, and was skeptical that a car would be able to give me the thrill of 15,000 rpm. However, Honda's S2000 fits this bill surprisingly well. It is undoubtedly the closest thing to a motorcycle with four wheels. I considered [briefly] Mazda's Miata (anemic power), Porsche's Boxter S (ridiculous price) and the Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky (no 6 speed tranny), and decided the "S" was the car for me. With its short wheelbase, the car feels a little twitchy at the limit, almost as if it will break into uncontrolled oversteer. However, the Automatic Stability Control will bail you out should you get in over your head.

Great engine, a crisp, positive, 6 speed manual tranny, (the fact that an automatic isn't even an option makes me giggle like a schoolgirl :D). Great supportive seats, gorgeous and timeless body lines

The sound system sucks. You'd think someone from Honda actually reads this customer feedback, but apparently they don't care about giving us a decent stereo. Radio door hits driver's knee when in the down position. Horrible fuel economy for a 4 banger (a more overdriven 6th gear could solve this)