2006 Honda S2000 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (73 reviews )
My Third S2000
By Tikigod27 on 03/27/06 18:38 PM (PST)

2006 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

As the headers states; My Third S2000 for a good reason; you simply cannot find a better car for any amount of money. I now have a 2006 Laguna Blue and everyone from sidewalk shouts to parking valets at the finest establishments all say the same thing: That is a sweet ride! Everything about this car is fantastic except the MPG...but everything has a fault or two! I recommend this car for anyone but please test drive it as it is truly a rough riding sports car.

Formula red s2k
By marvin on 03/20/06 23:12 PM (PST)

2006 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

My overall ownership experience with this car is unbelievable. its one of the most funnest cars that I have driven. It handles very well and it's very fast, especially when the vtec kicks in, its an incredible rush.

Obsessed!
By Oahu 27 on 03/16/06 08:05 AM (PST)

2006 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I just traded in my 2005 Silverstone S2000 for a 2006 Laguna Blue S2000. (Too many silvers!) What a fantastic car and the only one I would ever buy as long as Honda keeps making them. So many things that make this 2-seater the tops. In addition my insurance is 75 dollars cheaper every 6 months due to the 2006 having a nifty traction assist and daytime running lights. I have driven every drop top from Porsche Carrera to the new SLK. Save 15,000 - 40,000 by getting this car. If you're not a "Label Queen" you'll be more then happy!

Almost Perfect 2006 S2000
By El Freaky on 03/07/06 20:34 PM (PST)

2006 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

When you look at the gorgeous Laguna Blue Pearl on the 2006 S2000, you can't help but to enjoy this sexy piece of art. Everyone will turn their heads! The car provides excellent handling and it feels as if it is mounted on rails with the new stability control. It is extremely fun to drive on most terrains! I traded a 2004 BMW 330 Ci Coupe with sports package for the S2K, and I have no regrets. The zippy electronic top comes up or down in less than 10 seconds. The near perfect interior is intuitively designed like a cockpit around the driver. All car interiors should be designed like this one! This is definitely an automobile for people that have fun and love to drive!

Pocket Rocket
By Radcliffe1 on 03/06/06 17:39 PM (PST)

2006 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Having the money to pick from many cars did not stop me from buying this Honda. It's small, a little noisy, lacks some torque but it's a gas to drive. Convertible is the only way it comes. It's not really my daily driver but the sun shines and the mountain and coastal roads beckon I know I'm going to have a great time.

Last of the pure sports cars
By Chicane on 03/06/06 13:32 PM (PST)

2006 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

With its few creature comforts and emphasis on the driving experience, the S2000 is probably the last of the modern "pure" sports cars. This is a car that is light and tossable like a Miata, but large enough to live with. Its as fast as the more expensive alternatives like the Porsche Boxster, but comes with Honda reliability and a smaller price tag. For me, it came down to the S and the Boxster, bat after driving the two, the S's light, effortless abilities won me over. Truly a great car that you just don't see everywhere.

Now THAT'S a Sports Car
By Reno driver on 02/28/06 11:51 AM (PST)

2006 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

What a car! It handles unlike anything I have ever driven. The high RPMs didn't freak me out because I had spent the morning driving Porsches so I was used to it. Kicking it into 6th gear is like launching yourself down the freeway - get a radar detector the day you buy it! This thing has road glue - takes hard turns like a go cart - as fun as a motorcycle but much safer and more practical. And it really turns heads! The hard top is great for noise & theft reduction.

Harley trade in
By Doc on 01/28/06 17:06 PM (PST)

2006 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I traded my Harley in because its safer in S. FL in a car. I don't miss my bike at all. Truely a great ride, it corners like it is on rails. Yes I have to side with anther reviewer, be careful of that low front bumper when parking in a lot with stops in the stalls. Overall it is an excellent car for a fun ride!

Sweeeet
By Russ Vitali on 01/28/06 10:20 AM (PST)

2006 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

this is by far the best car I've ever owned! It just emulates cool. Whenever I take it out, people stare and compare. It's not a race car, just one of the best valued sports cars on the market. Honda has done it right. The drive by fly on the 2006 make me feel good that I got the last year (2005) they car was still in it's original format.

2006 S2000
By DC707 on 01/23/06 00:55 AM (PST)

2006 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I just picked up my 2006 S2000 four days ago and I finally just now pried myself out of it. It absolutely fits the bill for what I was looking for. Really fast, fun, ergonomic interior designed to keep your hands on the wheel. Driving it is more fun than should be legal. No doubt about the cars racing heritage. If you want a "Lexus ride" this is not the car for you. IT'S A SPORTS CAR. Everything you have already read in all the magazines is true. Razor sharp stearing, great high RPM performance, improved lower RPM performance. Definately comfortable enough for a daily driver. Unfortunately I won't be driving it daily but I would love to.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.