2006 Honda S2000 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (73 reviews )
Drive one and you'll want one.
By Hyytekk on 06/01/06 10:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

The designers and engineers at Honda just seem to have considered and optimized every detail. The car is responsive as a go-cart and there's nothing short of installing a supercharger that can improve it's acceleration. It's styling is understated but aggressive and it doesn't try to look like a bat-mobile. Getting in the car is like putting on a glove. You almost wear the car instead of sit in it. But still it feels spacious and open unlike a Boxter that I had. I have the Rio Spa Yellow metalic color and the car seems to turn heads and elicit kudos even when next to much more expensive models and name plates. Just walking up to my car puts a goofy grin on my face. This car is drives me!

S2K---top of the class!
By 4TUNES on 06/01/06 06:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is by far the most fun vehicle I've had, and I've owned a lot of cars. It's one of those cars that when you buy one you're part of a family. Other S2K drivers wave when they see you. It's like an old VW or a Harley.

S2000
By tony on 05/30/06 22:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Grea car. Handles well, tight suspension, fast, great 6 speed transmission, sexy looking car, fun car to drive around in !

If you can fit in it, buy it!
By Sebastian R Stanciu on 05/28/06 15:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I traded a mustang GT covertible for this s2000. Amazing car. I have had it for 3 days and love it. The fit is snug, I am 6 foot tall and 220 lbs. I am used to sitting back more. The drive is amazing. So much power. I love the engine. No regrets, just uncomfortable on longer rides. I don't know what 0-60 is but it's very fast. Tight handling, super looks, fast top, great interior. If you're a bigger person, may be uncomfortable. Good air conditioning even in 100 degree weather. Fast, fast, fast!!!!!

Love My S2K
By eliyale on 05/26/06 21:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Driving the S2K is a blast! For the driving enthusiast, there is no better car for the money. The car always feels a little wild, not buttoned down in the way that European sports cars are. There is unique feeling of being at one with the car. The overall driving experience is exhilirating. Interior design is excellent, and the seating position is perfect. The car is noisy on the highway, but the ride quality is suprisingly comfortable for a sports car. If you don't need room for more than one passenger and you don't carry much cargo, it's an acceptable daily driver. I love the fact that you don't see many S2000s on the road and the resulting stares and questions that you get from onlookers

Honda S2000
By Bonnie Brown on 05/15/06 19:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I recently purchased a Honda S2000. I drove an Acura for 16 years and was spoiled by the low maintainance, high performance of my 5 speed. My new Honda S2000 is like a vacation on wheels! The quality of the craftsmnship is excellent. Dropping the hood sounds like closing a fine briefcase. The 237 hp engine zips effortlessly up the steepest hills and it hugs the road making the drive pure joy. The stick shift is quick and smooth. The interior is snug and you feel the road but who wouldn't want that in a sports car? If I wanted a pillow ride I would have bought a Lincoln town car (and a chauffeur).

My S2K
By Norseminn on 04/24/06 09:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I have only owned the car two weeks. I can't keep my hands off this thing. My wife and I are always finding excuses to go somewhere via back country tar roads. My wife and I are in are late sixties and this car beats Geritol, hands down.

A Real Sports Car
By Kurt on 04/22/06 12:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I used to be a "Z" fan and owned three of them from the 240 to the last of the 280s. Post-marriage I was forced into the sedan market. My wife finally gave in and I went for the S2000 immediately. It's styling first attracted me. However, its performance was the clincher. I don't drive to listen to music, I wanted a real sports car with 6 on the floor, a solid feel and speed on the freeways when I need it. And it's highly steerable with the brakes locked. The ABS is impressive. It also turned out that the trunk is large enough to hold two weeks of groceries.

S2000 - fast, fun and reliable
By Alexei on 04/21/06 13:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Honda reliability + a high RPM engine and a slick 6 speed manual = a lot of fun. Performance is right between the Boxster and Boxster S for about $20K less. The S2000 is a pure sports car, not a compromise sports/luxury car like the Z4.

reliable bullet
By Andre5150 on 03/29/06 00:43 AM (PST)

2006 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought an s2000 not too long ago planning to modify it. When I first got it I noticed that it was very fuel efficient, light already so it didn't take much to move it, and it drove quick for a 2.2 liter. I was very familiar with the s2000 before because I build and race cars. I own a 527 hp 02 wrx, and the honda is my second race car. My honda has tons of potental to produce extreme amounts of horsepower without a turbo or supercharger, It handles great on the track, mountains, canyons, and streets. Very effecient as far as delivering the power to the ground because it's so solid and light. Speaking from experience this is the best performance roadster under 60 k.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.