2006 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (73 reviews )
Screamer with Honda reliability
By 30309 on 07/22/07 23:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Honda S2000, I owned a 2003 and sold the car for a BMW M3 and I missed owning my S2000 so much that I purchased a 2006. I do wish the redline was 9000 rpm, but that is my only complaint about this amazing car. The car still will get a second look from people, wondering if it is an expensive German or Italian car. Thank you Honda for making a FANTASTIC car :)

The best car ever
By Frank Tintrup on 07/10/07 12:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

The S2000 is the most fun, most amazing car I've ever driven. This car handles like no other and the way every owner feels about it can tell you that Honda has done an excellent job. I dream about my S2000, during the day and at night. I am always stopped on the street by people who ask me what kind of car it is and when I tell them it's a Honda they don't believe me. It really is all that and then some!

Great little car
By jmorts on 06/24/07 12:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

It is the most fun car we have ever owned. It seems that the suggested corner speeds in the twisty curves are underated by a factor of 3. Restaint must be used with the S2000 or you will be arrested! I keep reminding myself this is only a 4 banger with no turbo.

S2000 - Wonderfully Engineered Vehicle!
By Clarence on 05/08/07 13:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Vehicle handling is superb. It's engine hums so effortlessly and is ready to pounce immediately when thrown in the right gear. The shifting is very precise and the pedals are placed in the right positions for heel-toe action. The pedals aren't heavy and cumbersome, but light enough for my wife to use. The guages are large and easy to read with all pertinent info available. When driven lightly, its a fuel miser. Maintenance is 'Honda- esque'. Its trunk is large enough for a weekend out with my wife. The VSD saved me from curb rashes on several occassions when carelessly turning on web pavement!

adrenalin infuser
By nicktop on 03/24/07 05:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

After driving this car almost one year I still find that there are no walls ceilings or "flaws". Glycerinized clutch, brakes, shifting and booster rocket sensation.

Best Sports Car in the Price Range
By KGood on 03/22/07 11:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

My S2K is a daily driver, and I find it to be the perfect combination of exceptional acceleration/handling, while still returning good fuel mileage. And unlike so many sports cars that have come and gone, it is reliable as a hammer. You will not find another manual shift up to this quality, steering is quick and perfectly weighted, the brakes are faultless, the body structure very rigid. Cautions: if you drive very aggressively, be careful of snap- oversteer. This series is better than the original, but it can still punish the ham-handed. Ride is firm. While having more driveable power/torque band than 1st S2K's, best performance still requires keeping the engine in the correct rev range.

My Car For The Decade
By Tarrant on 12/16/06 20:33 PM (PST)

2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I wanted a true sports car that I would be excited about driving for the next decade, and the S2000 is a perfect choice: a driver's car in performance without sacrificing comfort, features, quality, reliability or my financial future. It definitely draws the right kind of attention. Great driveability in traffic as well as on twisty roads where one can wind it out. Excellent build quality and, consequently, a low cost for extending full warranty coverage to seven years. Finally, there's also a great community of S2K car clubs with enthusiasts into tuning, track days or social outings and drives. An ownership experience bar none.

s2000 206
By s2kguy on 11/22/06 01:23 AM (PST)

2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

The car is very fun to drive. The performance is second to none for a 4 cylinder car. It is very nicely built and very to maintain.

Not for the die hard, but for the true.
By WhiteKnight on 11/21/06 10:21 AM (PST)

2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I was in the market for a Porsche Cayman or an exotic that was good as a everyday driver if needed. I somehow always wound up on a search path on the S2000 in forums. All I heard was good, but honestly the internet pics did the S2000 no justice. I decided to go see it in person at a Honda dealership. I was in the market for no nonsense sports car, structurally tight, no rattles, and had a very good dependable engine. When I test drove the car, it was the right fit. For the same price you can buy some others, but this car fit me for what I wanted. I don't like clutter. I like efficient, practical equipment on my cars that is sporty.

'06 S2000, RED
By Kat on 11/09/06 07:51 AM (PST)

2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I am loving this car! I only wish it had a better place to put my coffee. A real attention getter, and performance is outstanding!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.