2.5 years later
By Matt on
2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)
I remember seeing this car when it debuted at the auto show in 1999 and said I'm getting that. I bought the car new, and after 2 and a half years and 25k miles it's still like new. The car handles like a dream, I've driven it on the track and the "Tail of the Dragon" and it never ceases to amaze me. For Jim the previous review, the brakes do not fade if you upgrade the brake fluid to a high temp fluid. I rarely have the stereo on, and the gas mileage when looking at the car's performance and motor, it's to be expected. Buy a civic if those bother you. The car definitely followed where the s800 left off.
Favorite Features
Engine is fantastic, gearbox is still perfect, handling is amazing. I love the exterior as well. Smooth top and I'm glad Honda finally put a recall on it ripping, so heads up on owners that read this.
Suggested Improvements
Pointless now, but Recaro seats like in an EVO would have been nice. More downforce (back lifts if you hit a crest, fixed with the CR) and a bit more power (I put a turbo in it to resolve that).