2005 Honda S2000 Consumer Review: Love my daily 70-mile round-tr

2005 Honda S2000 - Consumer Review

Base Convertible (2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Love my daily 70-mile round-trip commute
By Don on

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

People think this car is my mid-life crisis... but they didn't spend a year in Iraq thinking about/researching the new car I was going to buy when I got home. My Suzuka Blue Metallic S2000 is a kick to drive: quick acceleration, precise handling, and I don't think I know where the top end is yet... if it has one! Even though my daily commute is 35 miles each way on I-5 from Puyallup to Olympia (WA), I don't mind a little traffic for all the days I get to put the top down, feel the sun and wind, and look out at Puget Sound, Mt. Rainier and the Olympic Mtns. I have the optional hardtop for the wet winter months: good visibility with the full rear window and reduced road noise. I love my S2000!

The red "Start Engine" button! Plenty of power from the 2.2 liter VTEC. The six-speed has a tight, short throw so you can move through the shift pattern like crazy. The accelerator responds without lurching to move the car from 75-80 mph up to 90+ with little effort. I love the color and finish.

I would have liked an iPod input for the stereo and keyless lock on the storage box. When you lock it with the key...and forget to unlock it before heading down the road...you just have to wait until you stop again to turn off the ignition to unlock the console storage. I know: operator error!