2005 Honda S2000 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Finally--One to Keep

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible - Consumer Review

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Finally--One to Keep
By LouisM on

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is hands down the most fun car I have ever owned. Gorgeous styling--and, no, it cannot be mistaken for a Miata-- terrific handling, one of the sexiest engine notes imaginable (especially post 6200 rpm), high performance gearbox and shifter, incredibly precise handling/cornering, Honda reliability, a 30k price tag, plus the fact that you see relatively few of them on the road make this a most desirable car. I love it when, as it often does, people ask at lights or at the gas station what I'm driving. To a person they say they never heard of the s2000 and that they love the looks. I have to agree with them. I will be keeping this one a long, long time.

Favorite Features

Styling, performance, relative rarity. Slingshot acceleration when needed. Decent gas mileage (see below). I am 6'2" and fit just fine.

Suggested Improvements

Nasty blind spot when top is up. Lack of real overdrive (highway mpg is sometimes higher than city). Gas guage is very tempermental. The cover for the convertible top is impossible to install. The stereo is merely adequate.