A true sports car
By Skip on
2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)
I spent a lot of time reviewing and driving all the competitive 2 seaters out there and chose the S2000 and I couldn't be happier with my choice. I have always wanted to drive a sports car and Honda has built one that meets all my expectations including having to put it away for most of our New Hamphire Winter. It does not do well on ice and snow to say the least but I knew that and planned for it. I have seen a few out there this Winter so some people must add snow tires and probably studs and survive. The rest of the year is pure joy. The suspension and handling are consistant and predictable. It is a real 50/50 rear wheel drive car. The engine is smooth and very powerful for a 2.2 L.
Favorite Features
My favorites are the design of both the exterior and way it fits inside. I read a review that said getting in is like putting on a pair of your favorite well fitting jeans and that has turned out to be so true. Everything in the cockpit and on the dash is well thought out and works well.
Suggested Improvements
The only thing I would add would be more storage in the cockpit and automatic headlights. I always turn them on and often forget to shut them off because every car I've owned for a number of years has them.