Used 2005 Honda S2000 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (119 reviews )

Just plain fun to drive
By rob o

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

The only down side so far has been that I can only share the driving experience with only one person at a time.

Favorite Features

nothing like a convertible

Suggested Improvements

power seat to get me out of the car, once in your part of this car.

All thehype was soooooo truee!!!!!!!!
By RON

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This car is amazing! I am and have been a Mercedes owner for the past 5 years and I wanted to get a fun car that was at a reasonable price not Mb style. Well my GF pointed this car out and I knew all the awards this car has won, but never really considered it. Well we did not even test drive the car and we leased it. I practically had to re-learn how to drive manual and taught my GF. SHE/I love it! We fight for it all the time. Especially in the summer time. Winter-time is a different story>>> will need winter tires or second car definietly. But man the looks, the people trying to race you! I feel like a celebrity! LOL! 2cars almost had accidents tryin 2look at it!. Itslikeahotchick!!

Favorite Features

The exterior style/interior style, short throw shifter, high revving engine, convertible, affordability, reliability so far so good 7 months into it. The compliments/looks. The handling. Oh almost forgot xenon lights I wonder if this is what a Lotus feels like lol! practicality of a daily driver

Suggested Improvements

Why oh why is this the worst radio in history of the automobile. What the heck is Honda thinking? Even headrest speakers aren't good. Don't waste your money on that option. MORE TORQUE Please should least have 200 ft/lb POWER SEATS? WHERE IS THE GAS BUTTON? $100 if u find it on 1st try!

Simply Outstanding
By George Liapis

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned many automobiles in my life time, but none like my S2000. The novelty still has not worn off. Everytime I get behind the wheel I feel like it's the first time I'm driving it. The comfort is great and the response to acceleration is dramatic. My gas mileage is 25MPG, which is incredible for a vehicle like this. This is truley a "keeper", and if your in the market for an outstanding roadster you will not be dissapointed. I can't see spending the money for a Porsche, when you can get the same or better thrill with the S2000. Keep it up Honda, you'll always be a winner in my book, as you have for the last 12 years of owning your products!

Favorite Features

Radio, CD, temp controls are all at your fingertips. Also the lines of the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

It's very difficult to get into the glove compartment between the seats. I would like to see an improvement there.

A car enthusiast's car!
By CUL8ER

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2002 BMW 330I with only 6K miles 4 this car. I was really nervous at 1st because I loved the BMW but I am so glad I did. This car is so much fun to drive and it is so cool looking (I am 50 years old). You will not believe how many people stop to look at the car. Most do not even know what it is because there r so few of them. I had a man pull up next to me that said he was a Jag/Porch/MB saleman and wanted to know if it was an Italian sports car. I have joined S2K clubs and autocross events and am having a blast with this car. U will learn what v-tec is all about. I must warn u that it is easy to add aftermarket parts to customize this car and it gets addictive. Love it!!!

Favorite Features

Looks, performance, looks, performance, looks, performance, fun to drive, v-tect, oh and let me add looks and performance.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing the aftermarket world can not handle.

Honda 05 S2000
By Simon

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

From car fanatic and previous owner of numerous sports cars, nothing comes close to the thrill ride of the S2000, unless you're willing and able to spend 50k or more. This is a car you must learn how to drive to appreciate it's performance ability. It will stir your power-pursuing soul and defy gravity with every crooked country road. Audio is poor, but I would rather listen to the engine and exhaust note of this formula 1 bred sibling, depending on how hard you want to push it. And it likes to be pushed. Lack of low end torque is not an issue, once you become one with Vtech. I have owned 5 new Honda products over the last 10 yrs, all have been great. I'm always being asked, what is this?

Favorite Features

Slot car stability, great grip and acceleration, seeing Mustangs GT and Nissan 350Z, BMWz3,and older Boxters. in rearview.Build quality, Best entertainment for the dollar. People always wanting to know what kind of car is that? All controls are at your finger tips. Quick up and down electric top.

Suggested Improvements

Audio, needs more power, better speakers, iPod connection, MP3 playback, cut off switch for passenger airbag, bigger cup holder, gauges, wider rear fenders to match up with front. Splash guards, had to make my own. Fog light, another cubic ft of trunk space. Chrome luggage rack, glove box. Seat heater