Used 2005 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (119 reviews )

Most Helpful|
A Pure Drivers Car. Period.
By JBG

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned an 05 S2G since Nov. 2004. This car is built for one purpose. To perform. Everything from the engineering is built to precision. The powerful normally aspirated 2.2 liter VTEC 4 cylinder engine. Best gearbox in the business. World class handling from it's super rigid chassis and suspension. Classic and not over the top design. New and old competitors tries to be like it or tries to surpass it. But nothing compares to this car's balance in terms of performance, price, maintenance, build quality and reliability. Get this one of a kind gem before they stop making them.

Favorite Features

Can't think of just one. Maybe the car as a whole. Huge after market support if your planning to invest on it.

Suggested Improvements

Power open & lock button? If we try to change anything in it wouldn't be an S2000 will it? Maybe in the future successor of the S2G will be a 3.0 liter straight 6, 9000+ RPM, 340+ HP. Call it S3000. Maybe I'm just dreaming.

Private Jet
By trickrat

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2005 in February of 2006 with 11 miles on him. I ride a Suzuki sport bike, so I have a need for speed. I was flying down the highway with the salesman, & he told me I was only in 5th gear. This car is fabulous & I will never sell him. If you love speed, love looking great topless (top down, that is), this is the car you need. The most fun you can have on 4 wheels.

Favorite Features

Take off speed, smooth handling, the soun d of the engine....oooohhh, be still my heart!

Suggested Improvements

Material that the top is made with. Tends to wear on pressure points.

Best car I have ever owned
By ITRNBTR

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

After a wonderful 3 year lease, I have sold my red S2000. Buying this car was one of the greatest ideas I ever had. It handles like no other production car out there. It screams around corners and brakes hard enough to loosen your fillings. It looks great and has never had a single mechanical problem. It is faster than its competition, costs less for the most part, gets better fuel economy and has a bigger trunk while weighing less. Amazing.

Favorite Features

Handling, tremendous engine, cool gauge cluster.

Suggested Improvements

Better carpet, no need for power top.

2nd S2000
By WMS

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second S2000 after owning a 2003 model. The 2005 (AP2) steering/suspension/wheel/tire combo is a noticeable improvement over my old one. It's really confidence inspiring in the corners. The 2.2L has a little more usable torque at lower RPM as well reducing the need to downshift as much as the 2.0L. the synchros were also improved for 2004+ so the gear changes are also noticeably smoother. With 50/50 city/hwy driving, I'm managing 25mpg.

Favorite Features

Handling, steering, Vtec, low/inexpensive maintenance.

Suggested Improvements

It is discontinued so I guess this doesn't matter, but... Better stereo (AUX input/MP3) and a motor with more low end power would be nice if it is ever revived (2.4L N/A or DI 2.0T).

S2000 foverer
By s2200

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2005 S2000 in AUG 2011 with 40k mileage. I am 6'1, I live in NY, this is my daily car all year , pushing hard in dry, wet condition, average 15-20 mpg.

Favorite Features

Looks, Performance, Fun to drive, Reliability, Race car with plate.

Suggested Improvements

make new Honda S3000