2005 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (119 reviews )
Miata On Steroids
By Tony on 07/06/05 19:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I recently traded my 2nd Miata on a 2005 S2000. I thought I'd miss the Miata, I was wrong. Don't misunderstand, I loved my Miata, but the S2000 is just that much more car. The new engine is very drivable, great MPG, more usable trunk. I usually run out of speed limit before running out of gears, and still get 28 miles/gallon.

My 2nd S
By Russ on 07/05/05 21:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is the best sports car for the money. The Mini was tempting too, but only sine the S convertable hit the streets. But the looks beat the Mini without a contest.

It doesn't get any better
By gino on 07/05/05 10:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Having owned or driven--some in competition--a number of "name" sports vehicles over the years, I'd have to rate the Honda 2000 as one of the all- time best. Fast, agile, responsive, SOLID, reliable and comfortable, the S2K is a modern classic designed for the serious enthusiast. Driven to its potential, the Honda 2000 rewards the driver with all that might be expected of high performance sports cars, including comfort. There's little to want in the S2K except for a bit less thirst, but even the average 23-26 mpg is little to gripe about in return for the outstanding performance.

My S2K
By Greg on 06/26/05 20:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Great car! Fun to drive! Had it for just over a year now and I love it. It's quick, sticks to the road like it has glue on the tires, handles very well. Although it's my 1st sports car, I drove many others before I bought. The S2000 was by far the best choice.

Daily Driver
By ljo on 06/23/05 15:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

My 2000S is a daily commute car as well as fulfilling its natural mission as incredible fun to drive. I would like a little more stowage in the cockpit, and the "glove box" between the seats is difficult to access while sitting. Added aftermarket rear speakers (Lucid Automotive)to the factory head unit to make the radio useable at speed with the top down. The best sports car bargain around! Drives like a champ, with none of the usual small-car nerves when surrounded by brutish SUVs and thoughtless pickup trucks. A young woman asked if it was a BMW - no, I said (remembering my last BMW)it's better looking, more enjoyable, and a whole lot more reliable.

Whoa Nelly!!!!
By Denn on 06/22/05 02:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I'm 58 and live in SoCal. The S2000 is the car that I've been waiting for my entire life. Quick. Fast. Slick shifting. Tight steering. Incredible drift through curves. Fits me like a glove and the seats are totally supportive. Have blown my friends' 350Z and Z4 off the lines by a mile. Who needs a top except in the rain??? I didn't buy a convertible to have the top up.

Absolutelywonderful!!!
By HAPPDAZ on 06/14/05 12:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I love to look at it...drive it and play with it!! The acceleration is terrific, the sports car noise reminiscent and the "package" extraordinary for the dollar. I've had mine since 2002 and will not get rid of it...

A True Value Packed Roadster
By C.G. Godlewski on 06/10/05 20:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I traded an '01 MR2 for the Honda S2000 after a test drive. In september 2004, I ran from hurricane Ivan, my first chance to drive the S2000 the distance between Fort Walton Beach Florida and Harrison Arkansas. I made the trip straight through in 20 hours stopping only for fuel, food and coffee; lots of coffee. Highway 65, between Little Rock AR and Springfield MO, has all the Ozark mountain twisties anyone would ever want. The S2000 swooped and sang through the old highway's curves at more than twice the posted limits and did it well enough to make this smilng sexagenarian glad I owned an S2000.

Honda S2000 in LA
By Ken on 06/10/05 15:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This 2005 is my 4th S2000, I had a 2001, 2002 and 2003. The 2005 appears essentially unchanged from 2004 when the front end styling was improved, 17 inch wheels and wider tires were added and the engine displacement bumped and red line lowered. The handling on the 2005 is significantly better than the 2003, thanks to the tires and wheels. I liked the old 9000 rpm red line but the added low end torque is worth the trade off. This is a great car for blasting winding roads and doubles as a reasonable commuter. Plus it gets great mileage, mid to high 20's, and maintenance is at Honda prices.

Better than ever!
By Russ Vitaliano on 06/10/05 11:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second S 2000. I had the 2003 model that had the 9000 RPM red line. That car was a scream. Now with the new 8200 redline, I have to be aware of the redline otherwise the fuel cutoff kicks in and you will bog out until the next higher gear is shifted. This will take a little adjusting. The 17" new wheels and spoke design are a plus, and the new headlamp and tailight configuration are very nice. The oval exhaust pipes look fatter and give it a better look. The new drink holders are very cool. This is still the best 2DR Roadster for the money, and when they stop production for the new prelude, it will go up even more in value. Great car!