Used 2005 Honda S2000 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (121 reviews )

awesome sports convertible
By alan p

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

this is my second s2000, leased first. now purchased. will own until the day i die. that good. if you want performance, love a manual trans and enjoy convertible, get this car

s2000 perfect sports car

none

so long Porsche....HELLO Honda!
By raymond

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I thought my Porsche 968 was just the best...cabriolet, only 360000 miles, gorgeous car. And then I got into a yellow pearl metallic s2000 (2005). this car is so so so much more fun than my Porsche. The transmission is so much better geared. Love the exhaust sound. And to top it off, I am no longer paying the college tuition for my Porsche mechanic's son! What peace of mind i get knowing that nothing goes wrong with my Honda AND if something does, it is easily diagnosed, cheaply and quickly repaired. This car is without a doubt the finest bargain out there for a performance car. Dump your Porsche and get the Honda s2000!

Handling, reliability, power band of the VTec, exhaust notes.

Better shock absorption system... not the most comfortable for any extended cruising, but heck, you have so much fun driving you forget about the comfort factor.

A Pure Drivers Car. Period.
By JBG

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned an 05 S2G since Nov. 2004. This car is built for one purpose. To perform. Everything from the engineering is built to precision. The powerful normally aspirated 2.2 liter VTEC 4 cylinder engine. Best gearbox in the business. World class handling from it's super rigid chassis and suspension. Classic and not over the top design. New and old competitors tries to be like it or tries to surpass it. But nothing compares to this car's balance in terms of performance, price, maintenance, build quality and reliability. Get this one of a kind gem before they stop making them.

Can't think of just one. Maybe the car as a whole. Huge after market support if your planning to invest on it.

Power open & lock button? If we try to change anything in it wouldn't be an S2000 will it? Maybe in the future successor of the S2G will be a 3.0 liter straight 6, 9000+ RPM, 340+ HP. Call it S3000. Maybe I'm just dreaming.

Love my daily 70-mile round-trip commute
By Don

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

People think this car is my mid-life crisis... but they didn't spend a year in Iraq thinking about/researching the new car I was going to buy when I got home. My Suzuka Blue Metallic S2000 is a kick to drive: quick acceleration, precise handling, and I don't think I know where the top end is yet... if it has one! Even though my daily commute is 35 miles each way on I-5 from Puyallup to Olympia (WA), I don't mind a little traffic for all the days I get to put the top down, feel the sun and wind, and look out at Puget Sound, Mt. Rainier and the Olympic Mtns. I have the optional hardtop for the wet winter months: good visibility with the full rear window and reduced road noise. I love my S2000!

The red "Start Engine" button! Plenty of power from the 2.2 liter VTEC. The six-speed has a tight, short throw so you can move through the shift pattern like crazy. The accelerator responds without lurching to move the car from 75-80 mph up to 90+ with little effort. I love the color and finish.

I would have liked an iPod input for the stereo and keyless lock on the storage box. When you lock it with the key...and forget to unlock it before heading down the road...you just have to wait until you stop again to turn off the ignition to unlock the console storage. I know: operator error!

A Fun Car
By Gary Strong

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is the most enjoyable car I have ever owned. Being 60, I have owned plenty. The car goes through a transformation as you increase the RPM's. It transforms, around 5000 rpms, into a true sports machine, with lots of power and excellent control.

The top-down look is very stylish unlike many other baby-boomer roadsters of this class.

None. Just keep making them.