Used 2005 Honda S2000 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (119 reviews )

A Pure Drivers Car. Period.
By JBG

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned an 05 S2G since Nov. 2004. This car is built for one purpose. To perform. Everything from the engineering is built to precision. The powerful normally aspirated 2.2 liter VTEC 4 cylinder engine. Best gearbox in the business. World class handling from it's super rigid chassis and suspension. Classic and not over the top design. New and old competitors tries to be like it or tries to surpass it. But nothing compares to this car's balance in terms of performance, price, maintenance, build quality and reliability. Get this one of a kind gem before they stop making them.

Favorite Features

Can't think of just one. Maybe the car as a whole. Huge after market support if your planning to invest on it.

Suggested Improvements

Power open & lock button? If we try to change anything in it wouldn't be an S2000 will it? Maybe in the future successor of the S2G will be a 3.0 liter straight 6, 9000+ RPM, 340+ HP. Call it S3000. Maybe I'm just dreaming.

Love my daily 70-mile round-trip commute
By Don

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

People think this car is my mid-life crisis... but they didn't spend a year in Iraq thinking about/researching the new car I was going to buy when I got home. My Suzuka Blue Metallic S2000 is a kick to drive: quick acceleration, precise handling, and I don't think I know where the top end is yet... if it has one! Even though my daily commute is 35 miles each way on I-5 from Puyallup to Olympia (WA), I don't mind a little traffic for all the days I get to put the top down, feel the sun and wind, and look out at Puget Sound, Mt. Rainier and the Olympic Mtns. I have the optional hardtop for the wet winter months: good visibility with the full rear window and reduced road noise. I love my S2000!

Favorite Features

The red "Start Engine" button! Plenty of power from the 2.2 liter VTEC. The six-speed has a tight, short throw so you can move through the shift pattern like crazy. The accelerator responds without lurching to move the car from 75-80 mph up to 90+ with little effort. I love the color and finish.

Suggested Improvements

I would have liked an iPod input for the stereo and keyless lock on the storage box. When you lock it with the key...and forget to unlock it before heading down the road...you just have to wait until you stop again to turn off the ignition to unlock the console storage. I know: operator error!

A Fun Car
By Gary Strong

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is the most enjoyable car I have ever owned. Being 60, I have owned plenty. The car goes through a transformation as you increase the RPM's. It transforms, around 5000 rpms, into a true sports machine, with lots of power and excellent control.

Favorite Features

The top-down look is very stylish unlike many other baby-boomer roadsters of this class.

Suggested Improvements

None. Just keep making them.

S2000
By Chris

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is an exceptional car. It handles like a true sports car should. The build quality is flawless.

Favorite Features

The wonderful high revving engine and slick 6 speed gearbox.

Suggested Improvements

Could use more interior storage space. But hey the car is so much fun to drive it is easy to overlook any shortcomings.

Love my S2000
By TMac

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my S2000 for almost a year now and love almost everything about the car. I'm a huge fan of Honda and this car is a total thrill! The design is great and performance is even better. Everytime I get in my car, I'm excited to drive! I was initially concerned about the hassle of a 6-speed, but the shifting is virtually effortless. To top it off, I can actually fit my golf clubs in the trunk!

Favorite Features

240 HP, 17" Wheels, Start Engine Button, Xenon Headlights

Suggested Improvements

Weak Speakers, Excessive Noise w/ Top Up, Very Limited Cabin Storage, No Standard Alarm System