2005 Honda S2000 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (119 reviews )
Mid-life crisis cure!
By Gary on 10/07/05 10:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

More than 30 years after my first roadster I bought an S2000. It was worth the wait! Friends have suggested calling it the Honda MLC (for Mid-Life Crisis!) The handling is superb! The engine revs to 8200 so quickly that it scares you the first time you floor it. Everything you read about its performance is true. I feel I'm driving a formula 1 race car. The seats are extremely supportive and comfortable. My wife and I are looking forward to our first long road trip. A sports car is meant to be fun to drive and the S2000 succeeds beautifully in accomplishing this mission ! I live in Wisconsin and will drive it daily - except in snow! This car will make your driving dreams come true!

Best decision I ever made
By Tia on 10/01/05 18:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Best decision I ever made - My husband races off road KTM Motorcycles and after I introduced him to this baby - lets just say, its hard to keep him out of the drivers seat.

2 words: fun and quality. Love it!
By JJ on 10/01/05 14:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Overall feeling of solidity. Amazing seats. Great trunk space (golf clubs or weekly groceries for 3-4 people). Convertible top fast (unlike 350Z) and both latches can be locked/unlocked with one hand. Front end won't scrape (driveways) if careful-nice surprise considering how low car is. Can buy near/ under $30K if you play email game with dealerships. Lively & exciting ride at highway speeds. Excellent seat/pedal/shifter/gauge relationship (I'm 6'2", fit perfectly & can see 100% of gauge cluster-amazing job Honda!). Xenon headlights great at night. Beautiful high-quality interior. Very nice ignition key. High-strung & more race car-like compared to relaxed/pampering Boxster.

This is such a nice car
By Ale on 09/19/05 11:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I'm 17 and this is my first sports car. I think it handles better than any BMW or Lexus and the car takes turns like a dream.

Fun to drive
By jimmy on 09/16/05 13:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

For the price and performance, it is the best value in its class. The handling in this car is exceptional, and since there aren't that many out there you get a lot of looks.

Finally--One to Keep
By LouisM on 09/14/05 07:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is hands down the most fun car I have ever owned. Gorgeous styling--and, no, it cannot be mistaken for a Miata-- terrific handling, one of the sexiest engine notes imaginable (especially post 6200 rpm), high performance gearbox and shifter, incredibly precise handling/cornering, Honda reliability, a 30k price tag, plus the fact that you see relatively few of them on the road make this a most desirable car. I love it when, as it often does, people ask at lights or at the gas station what I'm driving. To a person they say they never heard of the s2000 and that they love the looks. I have to agree with them. I will be keeping this one a long, long time.

2nd time around
By Truepink on 09/02/05 23:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I've always puzzled over people who bought the same car twice, that is until I had an accident in my 2001 S2K. I didn't think I would be happy in anything else, so I went ahead and bought the 2005. I can't help but be in a good mood when I take this car out on the road, it's the best handling car I can imagine. I do miss the 9000 Rpm scream, but I don't need as many aspirin now.

S2000 Review
By Eric Klar on 09/01/05 16:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I live in Albuquerque, where we have little rainfall.This is the car to have here. Excellent handling on mountain roads, good gas mileage, plenty of top down time.

1 month old
By Dennis on 09/01/05 02:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Bought my 2005 S-2000 a month ago and have no regrets. Not only is it beautiful, but it's solid and responsive. It requires premium gas and the tires aren't cheap but it's a great automobile and I'm glad that I bought it. I believe that it will hold it's resale value for many years to come.

Mid Life Crisis Medicine
By Will on 08/11/05 17:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This car replaces a 2004 Honda Element I owned. Golly gee wilickers !! This is just the most fun car I have driven and I can say that truthfully. This makes about the 40th something vehicle I have bought and driven. Of course, being 5' 7" makes it easy for me to get in and out of the car. Get one - have fun - enjoy life - you will not regret it.