Used 2005 Honda S2000 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (121 reviews )

Better than a Miata
By Phil Hoilien

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Owned two Miatas before the S2000. Great leg room, better performance, better detail, fit & finish.

When @ 6200 rpm, hang on!

A treat!
By Ursula

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car after a drunk driver demolished my sensible four door sedan and it was a treat. The car handles beautifully and heads always turn when I drive it through DC with the top down. It is fun to drive, and leaving work with the top down always puts me in a great mood by the time I get home. The only improvement would be the interior - it isn't set up very well and sometimes you can feel cramped.

The bright red paint!

Better storage i.e. under dash storage and more leg room.

S2000
By Pate

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I love the car, it's a second car for myself and my husband. It's a fun car to drive. The only problems I have experienced so far are a few stalls after starting it up on a cold/frosty morning. And there is a problem with the stereo cutting out for and coming back on of it's own accord a few minutes later. We had it checked and they did not find any problems...

Handling & Speed

Bullet Train
By gardnpc

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This thing corners like it's on rails. It's also bullet-proof. I've got over 11,000 miles on it and not a thing to go wrong. Have averaged about 25 mpg driving aggressively. Not much low end torque, but once you get north of 3,000 rpm, and especially when you V-tech the engine, it's a wonderful thing. Highly recommended. The metaphor I like to use is it's a precision scalpel compared to a butter knife. Get the New Formula Red, it sears the retinas.

Reliability!

Better audio system

One year and still lovin it!
By airheart6

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my car for one year now and I still enjoy each time I get behind the wheel. I've installed the 8 CD changer as well as the headrest speakers which really make a difference when the top is down. You could hear music before, but you can really hear it well now. I was also pleased about the mileage (I've gotten 23-25 mpg), not near as good as my Toyota Camry, but much more fun to drive. I find the leg room on this car much better too. I "tried on" many sports cars as I have long legs, and this one "fit". I also liked the glass back window in the top. It's much easier to see out of than the Nissan Z6 (which I found to be roomy inside, but visibility was terrible out the back window).

Smooth shifting; controls at your finger tips; great visibility out the back window.

Difficult to see out front window with top up when you need to see traffic lights. You must duck down a bit. Also, install a pad on the back of the visor for garage door opener. My husband put one on my car and I love it. There's no place to put control for opener in my car.