Used 2005 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (119 reviews )

S2000
By Pate

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I love the car, it's a second car for myself and my husband. It's a fun car to drive. The only problems I have experienced so far are a few stalls after starting it up on a cold/frosty morning. And there is a problem with the stereo cutting out for and coming back on of it's own accord a few minutes later. We had it checked and they did not find any problems...

Favorite Features

Handling & Speed

Bullet Train
By gardnpc

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This thing corners like it's on rails. It's also bullet-proof. I've got over 11,000 miles on it and not a thing to go wrong. Have averaged about 25 mpg driving aggressively. Not much low end torque, but once you get north of 3,000 rpm, and especially when you V-tech the engine, it's a wonderful thing. Highly recommended. The metaphor I like to use is it's a precision scalpel compared to a butter knife. Get the New Formula Red, it sears the retinas.

Favorite Features

Reliability!

Suggested Improvements

Better audio system

One year and still lovin it!
By airheart6

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my car for one year now and I still enjoy each time I get behind the wheel. I've installed the 8 CD changer as well as the headrest speakers which really make a difference when the top is down. You could hear music before, but you can really hear it well now. I was also pleased about the mileage (I've gotten 23-25 mpg), not near as good as my Toyota Camry, but much more fun to drive. I find the leg room on this car much better too. I "tried on" many sports cars as I have long legs, and this one "fit". I also liked the glass back window in the top. It's much easier to see out of than the Nissan Z6 (which I found to be roomy inside, but visibility was terrible out the back window).

Favorite Features

Smooth shifting; controls at your finger tips; great visibility out the back window.

Suggested Improvements

Difficult to see out front window with top up when you need to see traffic lights. You must duck down a bit. Also, install a pad on the back of the visor for garage door opener. My husband put one on my car and I love it. There's no place to put control for opener in my car.

awesome sports convertible
By alan p

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

this is my second s2000, leased first. now purchased. will own until the day i die. that good. if you want performance, love a manual trans and enjoy convertible, get this car

Favorite Features

s2000 perfect sports car

Suggested Improvements

none

so long Porsche....HELLO Honda!
By raymond

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I thought my Porsche 968 was just the best...cabriolet, only 360000 miles, gorgeous car. And then I got into a yellow pearl metallic s2000 (2005). this car is so so so much more fun than my Porsche. The transmission is so much better geared. Love the exhaust sound. And to top it off, I am no longer paying the college tuition for my Porsche mechanic's son! What peace of mind i get knowing that nothing goes wrong with my Honda AND if something does, it is easily diagnosed, cheaply and quickly repaired. This car is without a doubt the finest bargain out there for a performance car. Dump your Porsche and get the Honda s2000!

Favorite Features

Handling, reliability, power band of the VTec, exhaust notes.

Suggested Improvements

Better shock absorption system... not the most comfortable for any extended cruising, but heck, you have so much fun driving you forget about the comfort factor.