2005 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (119 reviews )
This Car Will Scoot
By DEDE on 04/04/05 01:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

A great buy for the money. Honda's best kept secret. Top is easy to operate and is down in seconds. Performance and handling are great. Sticks to the road as if it was glued there. Doing 90 before you know it. Have had it to 130. Has looks, speed and handles like a dream what more can you ask for. Honda got this one right.

Top Honda
By Robert on 04/01/05 15:29 PM (PST)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

The car can best be described as a motorcycle on four wheels. It has all that any pure sports car should have after reviewing the g35 coupe it had some advantages over the s2000 but when you get behind the wheel of this honda it gives you a totally different feeling.

Fun Car
By Bill on 04/01/05 14:25 PM (PST)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

The S2000 is a totally reliable and fun car to drive. We have done a 900 mile day and were ready to get back into it the next morning. No problem!

A true sports car
By Skip on 03/29/05 10:47 AM (PST)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I spent a lot of time reviewing and driving all the competitive 2 seaters out there and chose the S2000 and I couldn't be happier with my choice. I have always wanted to drive a sports car and Honda has built one that meets all my expectations including having to put it away for most of our New Hamphire Winter. It does not do well on ice and snow to say the least but I knew that and planned for it. I have seen a few out there this Winter so some people must add snow tires and probably studs and survive. The rest of the year is pure joy. The suspension and handling are consistant and predictable. It is a real 50/50 rear wheel drive car. The engine is smooth and very powerful for a 2.2 L.

Lovin every minute of it
By RPM Jack on 03/06/05 08:16 AM (PST)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This car is a real head turner, it's like sitting in real sports car. The manual transmission is a lot smoother then I thought it would be. I'm the envy of my friends and neighbours. I looked around at many diiferent vehicles and for the price and quality especially being a Honda, don't look at anything else.

Fun Car
By Bob on 03/03/05 17:34 PM (PST)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is my fifth conv't - I also still drive an RX-7. I thought the RX-7 was fun to drive until I got my hands on this machine. Right after I got it I took it on a week long trip up through NY, NH, MA, NYC and back to MD. It was a fab experience on all types of roads including tpks and NYC traffic and some very heavy rain in RI with no problems. I really enjoy its tight handling, road feel and ease of shifting. I did and still have difficulty getting the convert cover boot to snap in place. Dropping the top is certainly a lot easier than it is with an RX-7. I also like the acceleration reserve at high speeds - when I'm at 70 or 80 I can easily step out and pass anything else on the roa

Great Value for a Performance Sports Car
By Bob Hall on 02/24/05 13:36 PM (PST)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Tremendous value for the money compared to the competition. Great performance and great fun as an occasional driver. Too loud, too small and too harsh a ride to use as a daily driver, especially on the interstate. Buy it for what it is, a true performance sports car, and you will love it. I would definitely buy again (and I plan to keep forever).

Dream Car
By Jim C on 02/02/05 11:21 AM (PST)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This car is fun! It performs like a racehorse, always ready to run hard. It's really a problem going slow. The build quality is excellent, it's styling is something that will look as good 10 years from now as it does today. This car is real tight and handles better than any car I've ever driven. As a toy it's great, not recommended as a "commuter car". This car is what a sports car should be, fast, well handling, beautiful. If you're looking for something to cruise the strip in and look good, look elsewhere, but if you want to have fun carving mountain roads, this car may be for you.

the S2k
By spp on 01/29/05 13:25 PM (PST)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

the car is just balls out fast, fun to drive and great for the summer for the nice day out on the beach

fun but touchy
By PBaller2005 on 01/05/05 23:50 PM (PST)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This vehicle is realy small especially for a 6 foot guy like me. This car runs at extremely high revs and wants to stall just @ 3,500 rpm. everything in it is real tight and sensitive. the interior could have been thought out a little better cuz its pretty cramped. Makes funny buzzing noises because of the high rpm's. handles great though, most likely due to its size. Amazing power for just a 2.2 liter, especialy the turbo charged version. Good exterior design. Have to be experianced in order to bring out the cars full power.