Used 2005 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (120 reviews )

Silver S2000
By Pat

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this car as a birthday gift for myself in March 04. Had been reading about it and salivating over it since 1999. It is a truly wonderful car with a sexy classic appeal. I have pushed it to its limits cornering wise on several occassions. The back end will get loose if you are not careful. It is definitely a great handling car and I upgraded the tires to Bridgestone PSO2's to make it better. I plan to have this car forever and would take it to heaven with me if I could.....But I hear Angels can fly....:)

Love the light weight chasis and stiff suspension. Riding with the top down. Beautiful classy sexy body style. Sort of like Marilyn Monroe. It will be a beautiful car whatever time period. Even 100 years from now!

A hardcover boot. I never use it the one I have. Wider tires maybe 18's. How about a plastic front end cover that bolts on and reduces road damage? Make it lighter! 2500 lbs sounds good. Honda can you handle that challenge? More speakers would be nice.

Mid-life crisis cure!
By Gary

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

More than 30 years after my first roadster I bought an S2000. It was worth the wait! Friends have suggested calling it the Honda MLC (for Mid-Life Crisis!) The handling is superb! The engine revs to 8200 so quickly that it scares you the first time you floor it. Everything you read about its performance is true. I feel I'm driving a formula 1 race car. The seats are extremely supportive and comfortable. My wife and I are looking forward to our first long road trip. A sports car is meant to be fun to drive and the S2000 succeeds beautifully in accomplishing this mission ! I live in Wisconsin and will drive it daily - except in snow! This car will make your driving dreams come true!

Performance and handling. Styling. Value - top down fun and super car performance for THOUSANDS of dollars less than anything else! Reliability - it's a Honda. Unexpected entertainment - guys in mini-vans and Buicks want to take you on at the stoplights!

Redesign the difficult-to-use convertible top boot!!! Make the headrest - or behind-the-seat - speakers and XM radio standard. I solved the storage problem myself - I bought a used pick-up truck for hauling stuff!

Best decision I ever made
By Tia

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Best decision I ever made - My husband races off road KTM Motorcycles and after I introduced him to this baby - lets just say, its hard to keep him out of the drivers seat.

Everything

Seat is a little low for short people, and the blind spot with the top up is tricky.

2 words: fun and quality. Love it!
By JJ

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Overall feeling of solidity. Amazing seats. Great trunk space (golf clubs or weekly groceries for 3-4 people). Convertible top fast (unlike 350Z) and both latches can be locked/unlocked with one hand. Front end won't scrape (driveways) if careful-nice surprise considering how low car is. Can buy near/ under $30K if you play email game with dealerships. Lively & exciting ride at highway speeds. Excellent seat/pedal/shifter/gauge relationship (I'm 6'2", fit perfectly & can see 100% of gauge cluster-amazing job Honda!). Xenon headlights great at night. Beautiful high-quality interior. Very nice ignition key. High-strung & more race car-like compared to relaxed/pampering Boxster.

Waves from fellow S2K'ers. Special "top down" mode on climate knob great for keeping warm on cool nights/cool on hot days. Perfect exhaust volume: quiet when putting around, louder when pushing it. Plenty fast (won't beat Vettes but you can easily be 1st one off the line in everyday traffic).

Top of windshield perfectly obstructs vision of traffic lights when I'm first at red light. Ridiculously high insurance rates (get quote before buying)! Sun visors that tilt to side (currently only flip down). More interior/exterior color combos. Dealerships reluctant to allow test drives.

This is such a nice car
By Ale

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I'm 17 and this is my first sports car. I think it handles better than any BMW or Lexus and the car takes turns like a dream.

I like the seats and the short shifter and the clutch

More horsepower and put the gas tank button in an easier spot to get to.

• SUV