Used 2005 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda S2000

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (119 reviews )

Mid-life crisis cure!
By Gary

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

More than 30 years after my first roadster I bought an S2000. It was worth the wait! Friends have suggested calling it the Honda MLC (for Mid-Life Crisis!) The handling is superb! The engine revs to 8200 so quickly that it scares you the first time you floor it. Everything you read about its performance is true. I feel I'm driving a formula 1 race car. The seats are extremely supportive and comfortable. My wife and I are looking forward to our first long road trip. A sports car is meant to be fun to drive and the S2000 succeeds beautifully in accomplishing this mission ! I live in Wisconsin and will drive it daily - except in snow! This car will make your driving dreams come true!

Favorite Features

Performance and handling. Styling. Value - top down fun and super car performance for THOUSANDS of dollars less than anything else! Reliability - it's a Honda. Unexpected entertainment - guys in mini-vans and Buicks want to take you on at the stoplights!

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the difficult-to-use convertible top boot!!! Make the headrest - or behind-the-seat - speakers and XM radio standard. I solved the storage problem myself - I bought a used pick-up truck for hauling stuff!

Best decision I ever made
By Tia

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Best decision I ever made - My husband races off road KTM Motorcycles and after I introduced him to this baby - lets just say, its hard to keep him out of the drivers seat.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Seat is a little low for short people, and the blind spot with the top up is tricky.

2 words: fun and quality. Love it!
By JJ

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Overall feeling of solidity. Amazing seats. Great trunk space (golf clubs or weekly groceries for 3-4 people). Convertible top fast (unlike 350Z) and both latches can be locked/unlocked with one hand. Front end won't scrape (driveways) if careful-nice surprise considering how low car is. Can buy near/ under $30K if you play email game with dealerships. Lively & exciting ride at highway speeds. Excellent seat/pedal/shifter/gauge relationship (I'm 6'2", fit perfectly & can see 100% of gauge cluster-amazing job Honda!). Xenon headlights great at night. Beautiful high-quality interior. Very nice ignition key. High-strung & more race car-like compared to relaxed/pampering Boxster.

Favorite Features

Waves from fellow S2K'ers. Special "top down" mode on climate knob great for keeping warm on cool nights/cool on hot days. Perfect exhaust volume: quiet when putting around, louder when pushing it. Plenty fast (won't beat Vettes but you can easily be 1st one off the line in everyday traffic).

Suggested Improvements

Top of windshield perfectly obstructs vision of traffic lights when I'm first at red light. Ridiculously high insurance rates (get quote before buying)! Sun visors that tilt to side (currently only flip down). More interior/exterior color combos. Dealerships reluctant to allow test drives.

This is such a nice car
By Ale

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I'm 17 and this is my first sports car. I think it handles better than any BMW or Lexus and the car takes turns like a dream.

Favorite Features

I like the seats and the short shifter and the clutch

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower and put the gas tank button in an easier spot to get to.

Fun to drive
By jimmy

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

For the price and performance, it is the best value in its class. The handling in this car is exceptional, and since there aren't that many out there you get a lot of looks.

Favorite Features

The handling and exterior body style

Suggested Improvements

Faster 0-60