Used 2005 Honda S2000 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (121 reviews )

A car enthusiast's car!
By CUL8ER

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2002 BMW 330I with only 6K miles 4 this car. I was really nervous at 1st because I loved the BMW but I am so glad I did. This car is so much fun to drive and it is so cool looking (I am 50 years old). You will not believe how many people stop to look at the car. Most do not even know what it is because there r so few of them. I had a man pull up next to me that said he was a Jag/Porch/MB saleman and wanted to know if it was an Italian sports car. I have joined S2K clubs and autocross events and am having a blast with this car. U will learn what v-tec is all about. I must warn u that it is easy to add aftermarket parts to customize this car and it gets addictive. Love it!!!

Looks, performance, looks, performance, looks, performance, fun to drive, v-tect, oh and let me add looks and performance.

Nothing the aftermarket world can not handle.

Honda 05 S2000
By Simon

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

From car fanatic and previous owner of numerous sports cars, nothing comes close to the thrill ride of the S2000, unless you're willing and able to spend 50k or more. This is a car you must learn how to drive to appreciate it's performance ability. It will stir your power-pursuing soul and defy gravity with every crooked country road. Audio is poor, but I would rather listen to the engine and exhaust note of this formula 1 bred sibling, depending on how hard you want to push it. And it likes to be pushed. Lack of low end torque is not an issue, once you become one with Vtech. I have owned 5 new Honda products over the last 10 yrs, all have been great. I'm always being asked, what is this?

Slot car stability, great grip and acceleration, seeing Mustangs GT and Nissan 350Z, BMWz3,and older Boxters. in rearview.Build quality, Best entertainment for the dollar. People always wanting to know what kind of car is that? All controls are at your finger tips. Quick up and down electric top.

Audio, needs more power, better speakers, iPod connection, MP3 playback, cut off switch for passenger airbag, bigger cup holder, gauges, wider rear fenders to match up with front. Splash guards, had to make my own. Fog light, another cubic ft of trunk space. Chrome luggage rack, glove box. Seat heater

Most Fun I've Ever Had Driving
By Bob

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Been driving for 52 years and never had so much fun in my life! I LOVE this car. Don't see many of them on the road and that's kinda fun to have sort of an exclusive. The handling is unbelievable, except on wet or even cold (Wisconsin) roads unless you back off on the aggessiveness. Had to buy a winter car. :-( A few interior amenities would be nice: outside air temp; lighted visor mirror; cup holder, maybe? Boot looks great on, but a real hassle to install; never use it. That's something that could really use improvement. Top operation is a breeze (no pun intended) and great fun to drive around with it down. I get lots of great comments. This car is super therapy for one's psyche.

Styling; handling; top operation; pep; reliability (NO service work required in a year and a half and 10,000 miles). Trunk space for a true sports car is amazingly generous.

Easy on/off boot; interior amenities: see report.

Potent Rocket
By DG Fortner

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned a few sports cars over the years but without a doubt the S2000 offers more excitement than any of the others. I've driven corvettes, the new 350Z, and various other sports cars but none compare with the pure adrenaline rush on a winding country back road that the "S" produces. I look forward to and look for excuses to drive my S2000. I find myself taking the S2000 to the grocery store when one of my other cars or my SUV would certainly be more appropriate. No matter what other cars I buy, my S2000 will remain in my collection (more than likely as my favorite).

VTEC. Tight steering. 6 Spd. Top down.

None.

My Toy
By bob duffin

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2004 S2000 as a birthday/divorce finally done gift for myself. I'm no young puppy and over the years I've owned a 1961 TR-3, a 1969 MGB-GT and far and above this S2000 is the best of them all! It's just such a pleasure to drive to work on the country roads and go thru the gears, accelerate up and down hills. It takes us 45 minutes of just pure fun driving to get to work and it goes quick. I love this car for its road handling but I am constantly surprised by its power, it gets up and goes when you want it to.

I love the quick up and down top, the great handling, and the good looks. In a parking lot one day, while I was waiting for my wife, a gentleman remarked how the car was "very classy". After I thanked him, he got into his Mercedes and drove off. I added front air dam and small trunk spoiler.

I would suggest a larger selection of colors, I love the blue, but it would look better with a black interior. I have the black on black. An easier to use cover for the top when its down would help. More speakers. That's about it, everything else, don't touch!