Used 2005 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (119 reviews )

Most Fun I've Ever Had Driving
By Bob

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Been driving for 52 years and never had so much fun in my life! I LOVE this car. Don't see many of them on the road and that's kinda fun to have sort of an exclusive. The handling is unbelievable, except on wet or even cold (Wisconsin) roads unless you back off on the aggessiveness. Had to buy a winter car. :-( A few interior amenities would be nice: outside air temp; lighted visor mirror; cup holder, maybe? Boot looks great on, but a real hassle to install; never use it. That's something that could really use improvement. Top operation is a breeze (no pun intended) and great fun to drive around with it down. I get lots of great comments. This car is super therapy for one's psyche.

Styling; handling; top operation; pep; reliability (NO service work required in a year and a half and 10,000 miles). Trunk space for a true sports car is amazingly generous.

Easy on/off boot; interior amenities: see report.

Potent Rocket
By DG Fortner

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned a few sports cars over the years but without a doubt the S2000 offers more excitement than any of the others. I've driven corvettes, the new 350Z, and various other sports cars but none compare with the pure adrenaline rush on a winding country back road that the "S" produces. I look forward to and look for excuses to drive my S2000. I find myself taking the S2000 to the grocery store when one of my other cars or my SUV would certainly be more appropriate. No matter what other cars I buy, my S2000 will remain in my collection (more than likely as my favorite).

VTEC. Tight steering. 6 Spd. Top down.

None.

My Toy
By bob duffin

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2004 S2000 as a birthday/divorce finally done gift for myself. I'm no young puppy and over the years I've owned a 1961 TR-3, a 1969 MGB-GT and far and above this S2000 is the best of them all! It's just such a pleasure to drive to work on the country roads and go thru the gears, accelerate up and down hills. It takes us 45 minutes of just pure fun driving to get to work and it goes quick. I love this car for its road handling but I am constantly surprised by its power, it gets up and goes when you want it to.

I love the quick up and down top, the great handling, and the good looks. In a parking lot one day, while I was waiting for my wife, a gentleman remarked how the car was "very classy". After I thanked him, he got into his Mercedes and drove off. I added front air dam and small trunk spoiler.

I would suggest a larger selection of colors, I love the blue, but it would look better with a black interior. I have the black on black. An easier to use cover for the top when its down would help. More speakers. That's about it, everything else, don't touch!

Can't beat it for the money
By Bob

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

For the money you cant get a better sports car. This car is better than a Porche Boxster and almost as good as a Boxster S which cost almost twice as much money!

radio controls, ac/heat controls, transmition, trunk is great for the size of car, seats.

Being a 30+ thousand dollar car the stereo is terrible, charge me a few hundred more when I buy it and put some bose in it or something. Heat the leather seats, one of the only cars made today that has leather thats not heated! Let me put the top up and down while im moving. Navigation option ?

Silver S2000
By Pat

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this car as a birthday gift for myself in March 04. Had been reading about it and salivating over it since 1999. It is a truly wonderful car with a sexy classic appeal. I have pushed it to its limits cornering wise on several occassions. The back end will get loose if you are not careful. It is definitely a great handling car and I upgraded the tires to Bridgestone PSO2's to make it better. I plan to have this car forever and would take it to heaven with me if I could.....But I hear Angels can fly....:)

Love the light weight chasis and stiff suspension. Riding with the top down. Beautiful classy sexy body style. Sort of like Marilyn Monroe. It will be a beautiful car whatever time period. Even 100 years from now!

A hardcover boot. I never use it the one I have. Wider tires maybe 18's. How about a plastic front end cover that bolts on and reduces road damage? Make it lighter! 2500 lbs sounds good. Honda can you handle that challenge? More speakers would be nice.