Used 2005 Honda S2000 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (119 reviews )

S2000 foverer
By s2200

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2005 S2000 in AUG 2011 with 40k mileage. I am 6'1, I live in NY, this is my daily car all year , pushing hard in dry, wet condition, average 15-20 mpg.

Favorite Features

Looks, Performance, Fun to drive, Reliability, Race car with plate.

Suggested Improvements

make new Honda S3000

Lost 20 years at 6500RPM
By sandalwoodman

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 2005 S-2000 a few weeks ago. I keep hearing about the "middle age crisis" and the tendency men have to drop money on garish toys. My buddies got Harleys. I got smart. Suzuka blue. Flawless. Radio was OK, but I prefer the music generated by the engine. I will never sell. It makes a Vette feel like a bucket of bolts. I just drove in from Austin a few days ago. The only problem was a slight sunburn and my face hurt. Constant grinning like a loon makes that happen. Great cornering. The rear end kicks out a little when you goose it but straightens up in a hurry. She is very responsive and wants to play. She emits a high pitched moan @ 6700 RPM. Get one and grin.

Private Jet
By trickrat

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2005 in February of 2006 with 11 miles on him. I ride a Suzuki sport bike, so I have a need for speed. I was flying down the highway with the salesman, & he told me I was only in 5th gear. This car is fabulous & I will never sell him. If you love speed, love looking great topless (top down, that is), this is the car you need. The most fun you can have on 4 wheels.

Favorite Features

Take off speed, smooth handling, the soun d of the engine....oooohhh, be still my heart!

Suggested Improvements

Material that the top is made with. Tends to wear on pressure points.

Honda Needs to bring S2K back.
By SB5050

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the car from a private seller with 20K mileage. The car is a blast to drive. I smile almost every time I drive it. It's like a Honda Civic below 6400 rpm and then feels like a racecar from 6500 up to 8400 rpm red-line. It has surprising torque at lower speeds and the handling feels race car quick. The convertible top lowers in 8 seconds ( I lowered on the freeway when we were stopped for a moment and didn't miss a beat). Owning and using a convertible is an experience everyone should try. I like motorcycles and this car feels the closest to a high performance motorcycle with the breeze going through your hair. So far, Honda reliability is just that, reliable. Oil changes and tires.

Favorite Features

Acceleration and engine sound when doing it. Superfast convertible top. Honda reliability. The car is a Boxster beater and handles as well.

Suggested Improvements

Radio just ok. Accessory power needs to be anchored better.

Better then expected
By coolaa

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for two months. I initially purchased because it was such a good deal. While this was on my radar, I thought it would be too hard and uncomfortable for my use on long drives. I have been very surprised. I am 6 ft and the car is very roomy, it has a nice ride that is not jarring at all and the seats are fantastic! I have done 6-7 hours of driving in a day twice with no discomfort at all. The engine note sounds great as well, very entertaining. You will hear the engine roaring so don't buy if you are looking for Lexus like quietness. Overall,very pleased at the two month mark.

Favorite Features

Go-kart like handling, hi revving engine, surprising comfort, and the kick of speed above 6K RPM. Also, the silver I have looks good.

Suggested Improvements

More storage space on the inside would be nice. Can't think of much else.