2005 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (119 reviews )
S2000 foverer
By s2200 on 02/19/12 14:45 PM (PST)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2005 S2000 in AUG 2011 with 40k mileage. I am 6'1, I live in NY, this is my daily car all year , pushing hard in dry, wet condition, average 15-20 mpg.

Lost 20 years at 6500RPM
By sandalwoodman on 05/27/11 12:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 2005 S-2000 a few weeks ago. I keep hearing about the "middle age crisis" and the tendency men have to drop money on garish toys. My buddies got Harleys. I got smart. Suzuka blue. Flawless. Radio was OK, but I prefer the music generated by the engine. I will never sell. It makes a Vette feel like a bucket of bolts. I just drove in from Austin a few days ago. The only problem was a slight sunburn and my face hurt. Constant grinning like a loon makes that happen. Great cornering. The rear end kicks out a little when you goose it but straightens up in a hurry. She is very responsive and wants to play. She emits a high pitched moan @ 6700 RPM. Get one and grin.

Private Jet
By trickrat on 03/05/11 21:10 PM (PST)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2005 in February of 2006 with 11 miles on him. I ride a Suzuki sport bike, so I have a need for speed. I was flying down the highway with the salesman, & he told me I was only in 5th gear. This car is fabulous & I will never sell him. If you love speed, love looking great topless (top down, that is), this is the car you need. The most fun you can have on 4 wheels.

Honda Needs to bring S2K back.
By SB5050 on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the car from a private seller with 20K mileage. The car is a blast to drive. I smile almost every time I drive it. It's like a Honda Civic below 6400 rpm and then feels like a racecar from 6500 up to 8400 rpm red-line. It has surprising torque at lower speeds and the handling feels race car quick. The convertible top lowers in 8 seconds ( I lowered on the freeway when we were stopped for a moment and didn't miss a beat). Owning and using a convertible is an experience everyone should try. I like motorcycles and this car feels the closest to a high performance motorcycle with the breeze going through your hair. So far, Honda reliability is just that, reliable. Oil changes and tires.

Better then expected
By coolaa on 08/31/10 08:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for two months. I initially purchased because it was such a good deal. While this was on my radar, I thought it would be too hard and uncomfortable for my use on long drives. I have been very surprised. I am 6 ft and the car is very roomy, it has a nice ride that is not jarring at all and the seats are fantastic! I have done 6-7 hours of driving in a day twice with no discomfort at all. The engine note sounds great as well, very entertaining. You will hear the engine roaring so don't buy if you are looking for Lexus like quietness. Overall,very pleased at the two month mark.

Great certified pre-owned vehicle
By dockerdog on 05/02/10 00:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

As a recent buyer in 2010 I feel somewhat late to the game, nevertheless I also feel compelled to state an opinion on my recent purchase (within the last two weeks) of a certified pre-owned 2005 S2000. My gawd, what a vehicle and I feel that I got a great deal being pre-owned, according to CarFax there was only a single previous owner, no accidents, and only about 11k miles per year. The closest vehicle I've ever owned before was a 2000 Mustang convertible (purchased new) and while I liked that car, frankly it couldn't hold a candle to my new (used) S2000. The handling, acceleration, overall performance, just wow, fantastic! I've owned about 10 cars in my lifetime and this one beats them all.

2nd S2000
By WMS on 04/28/10 12:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second S2000 after owning a 2003 model. The 2005 (AP2) steering/suspension/wheel/tire combo is a noticeable improvement over my old one. It's really confidence inspiring in the corners. The 2.2L has a little more usable torque at lower RPM as well reducing the need to downshift as much as the 2.0L. the synchros were also improved for 2004+ so the gear changes are also noticeably smoother. With 50/50 city/hwy driving, I'm managing 25mpg.

Fun to drive pocket rocket
By Al R. on 11/23/09 21:36 PM (PST)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I enjoy my S2000 to the limit. The seats are as comfortable as any seat could ever be. The power isn't bad at lower RPMs but the car is awesome when revved to 6800 RPMs. Brakes are very good, the car handles like nothing I've ever driven before. The Prelude was a fun car to drive, but a Prelude could never satisfy anyone that has driven an S2K! The S2K's mileage is extremely good considering how much power it has and how I end up high revving it fairly often. It has all the power you need to come up any hill in any gear you choose without losing speed.

Totally Unbelievable!!!
By Paule on 09/09/09 12:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Ever since I was kid I always hoped to by a Porsche 911 as my dream car...That all changed after I purchased my 05 S2000! The car is TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE in every way. And when I see other S2000 owners that have previously plopped down the mega- bucks for a 911, and turn around and sing the praise of the S2000, well it makes me really, really happy! Like a Cheshire cat, I might add! When the engine hits 6500k it takes on an all together different personality. Its a little bit scary, in a real cool way. Its like getting 2 cars in one. Top speed is supposed to be 150. I've had mine up to 118 and it was more stable than anything Ive ever driven, (including a 911). I'll never sell it.

It's a Keeper
By JL Clancy on 07/03/09 19:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

The best thing about driving the S2000 is that I am a lady science teacher and my middle school students love it that I can go from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 4.2 seconds in my Honda. My husband has clocked me. My husband's feet are a little too big for the pedals so he doesn't drive it much but we bought the Honda for me anyway. I zip around the countryside, hugging corners, shifting gears. Sixth gear is the best as I feel the burst of power. People smile and wave to us. Young and old have said, "Cool ride!" And it is.