Sold the CBR
By semilegal on
2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)
I'm 37, just had my 4th kid - wife said no more motorcycles. So we compromised: S2000 (I win). I have a '65 Cobra replica that doesn't get the attention that this car gets - and lemme tell you the S2000 is more fun to drive and easier on the body. I hate to use a cliche, but it's a typical Honda: reliable, well- engineered, predictable (in a good way) and advanced. 240 HP out of a 4 cyl. that blows-away cars costing $15,000+ more. It's precise and road- sticky ... you can kick the back-end out when you want, but it never seems to do it absent a quick down-shift and 6,000 RPM boost. ** It would be perfect if it could re- grow some of my hair (I'm in pre-mid- life crisis mode).
Favorite Features
I love the low-key style and slick 6- speed shifter ONLY over 5,000 RPM It's the only hand-assembled Honda in the world Feels well-put-together & tight; Quality and reliability are HUGE to me - this car has that in spades.
Suggested Improvements
Transmission is not made for low RPM shifting (at least mine isn't); it's clunky @ 3,000 RPM... Although, it's a 6-speed, an OVERDRIVE would be welcomed for cruising @ 80 MPH on long-trips (RPMs are too high for my liking at that speed). The "H" should be removable to keep people guessing!