Used 2004 Honda S2000 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (198 reviews )

Honda does it again!!!!
By jorge r hernandez

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

The best car Honda has ever made (next to the venerable NSX). Not to sound cliche, but from the first time I drove it off the lot I knew that I was in for the ride of my life. The S2000 is the great example of perfection in terms of form and function. The 240 hp engine wails all the way up to 9000 rpm (01-03) leaving anything on the road behind. The body is simple and crisp. Too simple for some but just right for the enthusiast.

Favorite Features

Fastest in class and price range. 240 hp engine.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder. :)

WOW S2K
By slweinstein

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

As close to roadster perfection as you can get for under $60,000. Rarely does a sportscar outperform your initial expectations; this one does!

Favorite Features

Power, brakes and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic tonneau with cover such as the Mercedes or Saab have. Run flat tires

Reminds me of a MG A Twin Cam
By W&G S2K

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I just purchased an S 2000, after considering a BMW Z4. This car is a hoot, and in my opinion a much better value as a true sports car than the BMW. When I was in college my roommate had a new MG A Twin Cam. Yes, I am over 65! Any way, the MG, as I recall was red lined over 7000 RPM, and it would screem at high rev's, just like the S2K. I recall that most of those MG's experienced a total engine failure after about 10,000 miles. Everything about the S2000 is great except the cover for the top (it's a chore to put on properly). I am also disappointed in the lack of oil pressure and electric gauges.

Favorite Features

Build quality and performance.

Suggested Improvements

Improved top cover and more instutments.

2004 Suzuka Blue
By Gixxer 1000

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I just went from a Miata to the S2000 and am glad I did. I am 6' tall and did not fit well in the Miata. Fit, performance, quality and styling are my top prioroities in my selection of the S2000. I hope to enjoy it for many years to come.

Favorite Features

Tranny smooth as butter. engine is awesome!

Suggested Improvements

Rear view mirror with temp and direction n,s,e,w. plus auto dimming feature

Honda S2000 - Drop Top Heaven
By James Holly

2004 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

The Honda S2000 is an amazing vehicle. It's styling is the best of any car on the road. People yell, "Nice car, mister!" all the time when I drive past. That never happened with any other car I've ever owned, and I'm 47 years old so I've owned a few. The interior is like the cockpit of an F-16 fighter. It's a great, snug fit, like a perfect set of driving gloves. Every control is within easy reach, and every instrument is easily read. The 6 speed shifter has short throws that scream precision! The car's reflexes are razor sharp, and there is no lag time when you want to accelerate. You do it NOW! Ripping off 8 grand shifts is such a blast! And all with the top down. What a car!

Favorite Features

1. Styling. It's the best looking car out there. The only thing close in my opinion is the Porsche Boxter. 2. Performance. The 2.2 liter is wound so tight it leaps whenever you want it too. It feels like Formula 1. 3. Price. All this for $33,000 ain't bad. 4. 26 MPG isn't bad either.

Suggested Improvements

I have no suggestions for improvement. For my price range this is perfection. I couldn't ask for more.