Used 2004 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (199 reviews )

Best rag-top under $50K
By SLWeinstein

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

The S2K is one of those cars that actually exceeds expectations. Honda did a great job improving the car for 2004 by making it more street worthy. I tried the BMW Z-4 (disappointing handling and hot cabin), Miata (cute but not up to date in terms of performance), Boxster (driving position difficult to adjust and overpriced but otherwise my second choice). The more I drive the S2K themore I appreciate the purity and grace of this roadster. It's the best auto bargain out there. Now if only they would add run flat tires...

Handling (a four wheel motorcycle), brakes, linear and predicatable in routine and emergency situations

Auto tonneau cover when rag-top retracts. Run flat tires

Honda does it again!!!!
By jorge r hernandez

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

The best car Honda has ever made (next to the venerable NSX). Not to sound cliche, but from the first time I drove it off the lot I knew that I was in for the ride of my life. The S2000 is the great example of perfection in terms of form and function. The 240 hp engine wails all the way up to 9000 rpm (01-03) leaving anything on the road behind. The body is simple and crisp. Too simple for some but just right for the enthusiast.

Fastest in class and price range. 240 hp engine.

Cup holder. :)

WOW S2K
By slweinstein

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

As close to roadster perfection as you can get for under $60,000. Rarely does a sportscar outperform your initial expectations; this one does!

Power, brakes and handling.

Automatic tonneau with cover such as the Mercedes or Saab have. Run flat tires

Reminds me of a MG A Twin Cam
By W&G S2K

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I just purchased an S 2000, after considering a BMW Z4. This car is a hoot, and in my opinion a much better value as a true sports car than the BMW. When I was in college my roommate had a new MG A Twin Cam. Yes, I am over 65! Any way, the MG, as I recall was red lined over 7000 RPM, and it would screem at high rev's, just like the S2K. I recall that most of those MG's experienced a total engine failure after about 10,000 miles. Everything about the S2000 is great except the cover for the top (it's a chore to put on properly). I am also disappointed in the lack of oil pressure and electric gauges.

Build quality and performance.

Improved top cover and more instutments.

2004 Suzuka Blue
By Gixxer 1000

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I just went from a Miata to the S2000 and am glad I did. I am 6' tall and did not fit well in the Miata. Fit, performance, quality and styling are my top prioroities in my selection of the S2000. I hope to enjoy it for many years to come.

Tranny smooth as butter. engine is awesome!

Rear view mirror with temp and direction n,s,e,w. plus auto dimming feature